An interesting bug in CRAWL. (fwd)

  • Brian C. Robinson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2000
      To me, this doesn't seem like a bug, but lets see what everybody
      thinks.

      --
      "Teleportation must be invented. If we don't invent teleportation, China
      will throw nuclear bomb everywhere. Especially now everyone can live

      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2000
        On Mon, 1 May 2000, Brian C. Robinson wrote:

        > To me, this doesn't seem like a bug, but lets see what everybody
        > thinks.

        Well, I don't think that polymorphed "pets" should automatically
        turn hostile -- although, on the other hand, there should be some
        possibility that the transformation "breaks" the enslavement ...
        I guess either a straight-up percentage or something a bit more
        sophisticated that takes into account what the pet was, what it
        became, whether or not it is capable of making/asserting some sorta
        judgment about the change, etc. etc.

        I would think that any time magicks mix, there is a chance for
        things to go awry (beyond miscast) or for new magick to tangle
        with preexisting spells ...

        Just my thoughts.

        don
      • Daniel Ligon
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2000
          On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 08:01:06AM -0400, Brian C. Robinson wrote:
          > To me, this doesn't seem like a bug, but lets see what everybody
          > thinks.

          One shouldn't be able to make permanent pets from temporary ones. So if
          you summon or enslave a critter, it should disappear or become hostile
          at some time, perhaps immediately.

          If you have a permanent pet, say a zombie, then I think it's OK to
          stay a permanent pet.

          --
          Daniel Ligon makmorn@...

          We are in the hands of infinite power and infinite sadism.
          -- _Inferno_