178Re: Dogs urine burning lawns

  • tonychep
    Sep 30, 2008
      There is a commercial product available in western PA called "K-9 turf"
      that lowers the water table a little so the urin drains down below the
      root zone. The chemical analysis for this product shows that it
      contains gypsum which is also available in pellitized form at garden
      supply centers that you can apply with a lawn spreader. However if you
      are experiencing a drought you will still probably see some burning.
      This has worked for me though. There are also food suppliments for
      dogs that prevent this but I haven't tried them.
      Tony
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic