448Re: Precision Cutting Tool

  • Anthony Padua
    Oct 16, 2008
      Thanks for your information.  I got to thinking that even if they made a small circular saw blade that would fit on a drill, it would "walk" or "skate".  The one shown on TV that vibrated back and forth, kept that from happening.

      I was replacing a strip of hardwood flooring here and there.  I needed to cut the old board out.  It sounds easy, but it's not.  You have to cut the old piece right where it's being supported.  An ordinary reciprocating saw won't work because the blade would go down and bang into the 2 X 8.  I ended up using a wood chisel, which was tedious.

      Several guys told me to use a circular saw and make a plunge cut.  I tried that and it jerked and skated too much.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic