Re: Hull Finsih

  • bonitoman2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
      ummm
      I won the 05 nationals and my boat may have been the oldest ugliest
      most dinged up thing out there from the especially from waterline
      down...the boat is so small that spending huge amounts of time on hull
      prep is not as effective as tuning your rig...the rig tune from boat
      to boat to boat looks kind of the same but 1/4" here or there on some
      of the adjustments can make or break you. The boat needs to be in
      balance which is really hard to do within the rules. It is a
      relatively fat boat for its size and needs to go into and come out of
      a tack with speed. I would focus on having the boat sail itself first
      and then work on the hull...keep in mind the hull prep is for your
      mental health more than for the boat. That being said a small leaf or
      weed on the fin or rudder means certain death so there is a fine
      line..I still havent worked out the dings in the lead or sanded off
      the glue drips from the repairs on the hull...it is still really fast
      in a fleet of fast boats. If you want a sweet looking(maybe not any
      faster) yacht then prep away...
      Bob T
      CR914 #54