Shipping a boat

  • nosparetime
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2003
      I've found a used CR, but I can't figure out how to ship it. The
      owner tells me that the keel and mast are permanently attached.
      While I've run RC cars and power boats, I've not seen the CR's up
      close (only sailing), so I don't know what to suggest.

      Any methods, carriers, packing tips?

      Thanks,

      -Ed G.
    • cbmra
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2003
        --- In cr914class@yahoogroups.com, "nosparetime" <ed_gaito@w...>
        wrote:
        > I've found a used CR, but I can't figure out how to ship it. The
        > owner tells me that the keel and mast are permanently attached.
        > While I've run RC cars and power boats, I've not seen the CR's up
        > close (only sailing), so I don't know what to suggest.
        >
        > Any methods, carriers, packing tips?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > -Ed G.

        Just a note - a CR-914 with a NON removable keel is not class legal.
      • Ken Schmidt
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2003
          Hi Ed,
          You might want to go to the following web site and ask one of the
          CR914 builders,David Ramos.

          http://www.rcyachts.com/

          Since the boats (CR914's) are alomst 5 feet tall with the mast up
          it will take a large box for shipping.

          Hope this helps and if not send me a private email.
          Ken Schmidt

          <ed_gaito@w...> wrote:
          > I've found a used CR, but I can't figure out how to ship it. The
          > owner tells me that the keel and mast are permanently attached.
          > While I've run RC cars and power boats, I've not seen the CR's up
          > close (only sailing), so I don't know what to suggest.
          >
          > Any methods, carriers, packing tips?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > -Ed G.
        • dramos914
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16, 2003
            You can make one it is not hard.
            http://www.rcyachts.com/Travelshippingbox.htm

            Or order one at www.rcyachts.com/default.asp
            Look under accessories
            The shipping cost is extra due to the size of the box.

            Please take note as mentioned before if the keel is not removeable
            it is not class legal.
            Dave

            --- In cr914class@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Schmidt" <planetman@s...>