Who has the most races?

  • texnet1
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
      I thought our club raced a lot, having an official race twice a
      month. But I have noticed there are some clubs that race every week
      and some even twice a week!

      It would be interesting to see how all the clubs rank in the number
      of scheduled races and number of boats racing.
    • trainey897
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
        --- In cr914class@y..., texnet1 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I thought our club raced a lot, having an official race twice a
        > month. But I have noticed there are some clubs that race every week
        > and some even twice a week!
        >
        > It would be interesting to see how all the clubs rank in the number
        > of scheduled races and number of boats racing.

        We here in Tulsa, scheduled 4 series of 5 races each to carry us
        through the winter months. We scheduled races every week end from
        Nov 11 through April 6 but did not sail Christmas weekend, December
        23. Through 3 of the 5 series , we have sailed 11 of the 15 race
        days. Do to inclimate weather we missed 4 days and we have averaged 8
        boats per race day. These are our formal scored races. Several of
        our troops that can get out during the week they race informally if
        the weather is nice.

        Our weather has been mild for most of the winter and have had to deal
        with ice on only a couple race days, however, we had to chip ice from
        the lines on an occasion or two.
      • texnet1
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2002
          --- In cr914class@y..., trainey897 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > We here in Tulsa, scheduled 4 series of 5 races each to carry us
          > through the winter months. We scheduled races every week end from
          > Nov 11 through April 6 but did not sail Christmas weekend,
          December
          > 23. Through 3 of the 5 series , we have sailed 11 of the 15 race
          > days. Do to inclimate weather we missed 4 days and we have
          averaged 8
          > boats per race day. These are our formal scored races. Several
          of
          > our troops that can get out during the week they race informally
          if
          > the weather is nice.
          >
          > Our weather has been mild for most of the winter and have had to
          deal
          > with ice on only a couple race days, however, we had to chip ice
          from
          > the lines on an occasion or two.

          Wow! That is a lot of racing. Ice too! We are lucky that has not
          been an issue here in Houston. You must be a hearty bunch to sail
          when it's so cold.
        • cbmra
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2002
            In Annapolis we have racing scheduled every week. In the summer we
            sail on Tuesday nights and in the winter we sail on Sunday's.
            Generally we get some racing in if there is wind or not to much wind.
            We also host a Regional and one or two other events a year. Some days
            we getin 6 races others we might do 20 races, depending on the
            weather.

            --- In cr914class@y..., texnet1 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > --- In cr914class@y..., trainey897 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > We here in Tulsa, scheduled 4 series of 5 races each to carry us
            > > through the winter months. We scheduled races every week end
            from
            > > Nov 11 through April 6 but did not sail Christmas weekend,
            > December
            > > 23. Through 3 of the 5 series , we have sailed 11 of the 15 race
            > > days. Do to inclimate weather we missed 4 days and we have
            > averaged 8
            > > boats per race day. These are our formal scored races. Several
            > of
            > > our troops that can get out during the week they race informally
            > if
            > > the weather is nice.
            > >
            > > Our weather has been mild for most of the winter and have had to
            > deal
            > > with ice on only a couple race days, however, we had to chip ice
            > from
            > > the lines on an occasion or two.
            >
            > Wow! That is a lot of racing. Ice too! We are lucky that has not
            > been an issue here in Houston. You must be a hearty bunch to sail
            > when it's so cold.
          • texnet1
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12, 2002
              I have not been racing with the Houston club for a year yet, but so
              far we have been lucky to complete exactly 10 races each time we
              meet, even when the winds are very light. Good RDs make it so by
              making the course longer or shorter to finnish 10 races in the two
              hour time period.