CR-914 News ....

  • us740
    Message 1 of 289 , Oct 5 11:56 AM
      OK, I have a big problem with the page one cover
      article! <br><br> The North Cove Knee Deep MYC should not
      be receiving press like this in the CR-914 News
      Letter. Why? Well, they are not a model yacht club what
      so ever. They are a YACHT club that does NOT accept
      outside AMYA members to join them. You must be a member
      of the North Cove YACHT Club in order to sail with
      them. <br> <br> About two years ago I called them and
      asked if I could join them. I was new to the CR-914 at
      that time, being from CT, they were the only club in
      CT. that sailed this class. I was informed by Knight
      Merrit, who by the way is a very nice guy as most of the
      people there are, that I could come down and join them
      for one day, but I should be looking else where for a
      club to join. Well, I went down there and enjoyed a
      great day of sailing. They have a great spot on a
      sheltered harbor. I proceeded to win most of the races and
      ended up coming in second place. No ribbon was offered,
      nor did they care to even acknowledge the fact that I
      did so. That was OK, but what bothered me most was
      the fact that they just sent me on my way and said,
      �good luck finding a club.�<br> So, to the point here.
      I do feel that giving a club that one has no chance
      of joining and is not even recognized by the AMYA a
      front page write-up is wrong. It should not be on the
      cover of an AMYA recognized news letter that in fact is
      written by the AMYA CR-914 class secretary. <br><br> I
      only hope that because of this �press� that the North
      Cove Yacht Club will start to open it�s doors to AMYA
      members that wish to join their Knee Deep MYC. <br><br>
      Thanks, <br> Greg Vasileff (AMYA region 1 director)
    • cbmra
      Message 289 of 289 , Feb 28, 2002
        I encourage you all to check out the link below.
        There have been several regatas added to this lately.
        It has most of the Regional dates as well. Stay
        tuned for the Region II Info.
        the list. Also several new clubs have been added to
        the club list. Is yours there?<br><br>Ernest