Decals and final finish

  • rogerblumca
    Message 1 of 289 , Jun 10, 2001
      Hello:<br><br>Presently, the hull of my first of
      hopefully many 914s is all shiny after sanding down and
      some rubbing compound. The next steps will be to slap
      on some decals and cover them with either wax or
      lacquer.<br><br>My first question involves the decals. Not satisfied
      with the stock decals, I decided to make up my own
      with Photoshop and print them out on...something.
      Could anyone suggest what that something should be? At
      first I thought about using transparency sheets, but
      they might be too thick, and wouldn't stick on their
      own.<br><br>My second question involves the protective coating.
      Would an ordinary car wax be the best bet, or should I
      be looking at some sort of clear coat or lacquer? It
      would be a shame to get these snazzy decals on the boat
      and have the elements ravage them!<br><br>As a reward
      for your help, I promise to post some pictures once
      it's done, assuming it all turns
    • cbmra
      Message 289 of 289 , Feb 28, 2002
        I encourage you all to check out the link below.
        There have been several regatas added to this lately.
        It has most of the Regional dates as well. Stay
        tuned for the Region II Info.
        the list. Also several new clubs have been added to
        the club list. Is yours there?<br><br>Ernest