Re: [CR 914 Class] Re: KEEP AMYA ON TRACK BY RETAINING THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT

  • GEmmert@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2008
      I endorsed for Treasurer: John Skerry...NOT the incumbent.
      Thanks for your fairness and views on my Nominations. If you want to know
      more, contact Mr. Rod Carr...or, Chuck Buzek, AMYA Vice President. I am not a
      political person...just doing what I think is best from what I have
      heard...I value your opinions...Regards, GeorgeE

      In a message dated 6/30/2008 8:42:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      jimthompson@... writes:

      No offence intended to Mr. Emmert, but nothing in that post tells us
      what those people plan to do to improve the AMYA and why we should
      vote for them. So they are nice guys. BIG DEAL!! I want people in
      charge that want to improve the AMYA for its members. So far the only
      reasons I have seen to vote for the incumbents is they are there now
      and some people like them. In my opinion that is not good enough!!

      Jim
      CR914 - # 701

    • dickmartin1122
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 25, 2010
        The upcoming AMYA presidential election has very important implications for the future direction of our parent organization. It is imperative that all CR 914ers who currently belong to AMYA become informed about the positions of the presidential candidates and cast an informed vote, using the ballot that is enclosed in issue 161 of Model Yachting which is arriving in the mail this month (voting deadline: September 30).

        The CR 914 Advisory Committee, which unanimously supports the candidacy of David Brawner, last week sent an email to all current CR 914 owning-AMYA members with an attachment supporting that endorsement. If you did not receive a copy, the text of the email and its attachment are available on the class website at cr914class.org.

        Here is another opportunity to become better informed about the issues: Next Monday from 8:00 to 8:30 PM EDT David Brawner will host an online "Webinar" chat gathering. The topic will be "The AMYA: the hobby side and the business side, and why the difference is so important in this election." The other candidate, Jim Linville, has also been invited but thus far has declined.

        The seminar is open to all. It's easy to sign up. Even if you can't be by your computer you can participate by telephone. Go to https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/998739137
        to visit the Webinar registration page (or click on a link you will find on the CR 914 class website home page). Registrants will receive an email with a link for logging into the chat session and information regarding the communications. A cheap gaming boom mike headset would be convenient. Once in the session you will hear all present and speaking as if gathered on your patio.

        Hoping to 'see' you at the webinar,

        Dick Martin