2008 Region 1 Championships

  • chuckw88
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2008
      2008 CR 914 REGION 1 REGATTA
      Hosted by MARBLEHEAD MODEL YC
      At Redd's Pond, Marblehead, MA
      Sunday June 29
      Report Time and Check-In – 9:30 A.M.

      Our CR 914 Fleet, the Officers and members of Marblehead MYC ask you
      please join us for a day of fun and friendly competition. We will
      have
      morning races followed by a lunch of gourmet sandwiches and tonic.
      We will
      continue with afternoon races and conclude by 3:00 P.M. with awards.

      Eligibility: Registered CR 914 owner.

      Enter Early – Send in your channel (781 631 6727) or chuckw88@...
      Radio channel assignments are on a first come basis. Bring spare
      crystals.

      Brief of the Sailing Instructions
      · US Sailing 2004 Race Rules using Appendix E for models
      · Scoring- Place points: 1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, etc. A DSQ cannot be
      discarded
      · A "throwout" schedule will be used to score 80 to 85 per cent of
      the
      heats sailed.
      · One warning will be given for unacceptable behavior. If there is a
      second
      incident, a jury of three will decide if a participant's behavior
      requires
      DSQ.
      · 360 penalty turns for fouls and hitting a start or finish mark,
      · No penalty for hitting a turning mark.
      · Mark room rights use the four-boat length zone.
      · Protests will be heard following each heat.
      · Heat Management System will be used if required.

      REGATTA AGENDA
      SUNDAY
      0930 – Registration, inspection and weigh-in.
      0945 - Skippers Meeting,
      1000 - Start for first heat
      1200 - Lunch at pond
      1230 - Start for afternoon heat
      1500 - Last Race
      1530 - AWARDS

      · Donuts Sunday at ~ 0900.
      · There will be chilled beverages to assure hydration.

      ENTRY FORM 2008 CR 914 REGION 1 CHAMPIONSHIPS – Sunday June 29
      Eligibility: Must be a registered CR 914 owner. Registration and AMYA
      membership can be obtained at the pond.
      .
      entry FEE $15.00 [$5 of the fee is placed in a Redd's Pond grass
      treatment
      account.]
      Includes morning donuts, lunch, beverages and awards.
      Send check payable to Marblehead MYC to: John Skerry, 26 B Vine St.,
      Gloucester, MA 01930
      scanocean@..., (978)281 7139

      Channels assigned on a first come basis. Call to reserve yours as
      soon as
      possible and to allow for our planning.

      NAME_________________________________________________________________
      AMYA NO. ____________

      ADDRESS_____________________________________________________________
      SAIL NUMBER _________

      CHANNEL/FREQUENCY - Primary_________ Alternates ______________
      Enter Early – Send in your channel (781 631 6727) or chuckw88@...
      Radio channel assignments are on a first come basis. Bring spare
      crystals.
      Chuck Winder
      19 Robert Rd.
      Marblehead, MA 01945