What happened in here?

  • cr914illusion
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007
      I'm hopefully going to be a CR914 sailor soon, saving for my boat.
      But this place is dead what happened to everyone?
    • beejay99@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 5, 2007
        Illusion,

        I think there has been a relaxation after the nationals.? Also there are a fare number in our fleet that also sail EC-12's.? The EC-12 nationals were this past weekend in Charleston SC.

        The group is in a listening mode rather than an expressive one.

        If you are very interested in the class and the fleet and have questions,? ask away. The response is normally quite active.
        Best Regards,
        ?Brian Jobson
        #867, #1386

        I'm hopefully going to be a CR914 sailor soon, saving for my boat.
        But this place is dead what happened to everyone?

      • cbmra
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 5, 2007
          The great thing about this board is that it doesn't get clutter with
          conversation between many people. Unlike other boards out there.

          It does however become a flury of activity when questions and issues
          arise.

          Also with the archives of the board a lot of questions can be
          answered by simply looking over/searching the old posts.

          I am sure if you ask a question you will get a bunch of responses.

          Also with the Nationals having just been completed people are just
          now gearing up for the winter sailing season.

          Ernest
          --- In cr914class@yahoogroups.com, "cr914illusion" <rob@...> wrote:

          > I'm hopefully going to be a CR914 sailor soon, saving for my boat.
          > But this place is dead what happened to everyone?

        • Buchanan, William R CIV SEA 04

            #867, #1386

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 6, 2007
              Thanks, I though the board was down or something.
              William, when and where are you guys sailing now is it still Sundays
              at Platt Pond? I noticed the bouys have been moved. What time on
              Sundays? I am still waiting for my boat hopefully soon since I have
              the paint scheme, and name figured out.

              Rob
              --- In cr914class@yahoogroups.com, "Buchanan, William R CIV SEA 04"
              <william.r.buchanan@...> wrote:

              > My thoughts exactly. Actually we are basking in the afterglow of our
              nationals at dpmyc. Great time!!

            • Chuck Luscomb
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 6, 2007
                Hi Rob,

                William or "Bucky" as he is known does not sail with our local
                group. He is from Annapolis and joined us for our Nationals. Good
                sailor, good guy but he does not live in CT. Too bad!

                We will be sailing at Plattwood on Sunday's at 10:30 until we cannot
                stand it anymore. If you get your boat, please join us. The fleet
                is thining a bit due to the colder temperaturs but there will still
                be some die hards out there with their mittens and hot cocco.

                Best,

                Chuck

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Rob

                    I will be sailing this weekend at Plattwood.? If you want to sail drop me a line at beejay99@...
                    I can bring my other boat.? Both have spektrum radios so we do not have issues with channels.
                    Let me know.
                    Brian Jobson

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                      Brian,

                      That would be great, I sent you an e-mail.

                      Thanks,

                      Rob

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 9, 2007
                        Rob,

                        All set I will bring both boats.

                        If you run into an issue call me at 203-808-1352

                        See you Sunday bring your sunglasses and wollies.