Common ringed plover : green ring

  • Olivier Sigaud
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:15 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 76 KB
    Dear cr-birders,

    I saw the Common ringed plover in the attached picture yesterday at
    "pointe de Penvins", Morbihan (56), France.

    It wears a green plastic ring on one leg.
    Unifortunately, I could not see the second leg.

    Does anybody have any idea of where it can come from ?

    Best regards

    Olivier Sigaud

  • Pim Wolf
    Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 3:25 PM
      hello Olivier,

      I can not find a project that has just one large ring (green or otherwise) on the right tarsus in the WSG database, irrespective of what is on the left leg. It seems that there are many people/groups interested in the behaviour and movements of Ringed Plovers. Unfortunately, not all of those people/groups take the time to register with the Wader Study Group before they start their project. Registering your project ensures that the codes you use are not used by anyone else, be it in the same country or further afield. That is a real shame because in the end this means that the results of some of the projects (that did think things through and did register) are at risk because some plastic-slinging cowboy may be using the same codes as they are...

      I'm sorry that I could not be of more help,

      regards, pim wolf

      On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Olivier Sigaud <scdtnso@...> wrote:
      [Attachment(s) from Olivier Sigaud included below]

      Dear cr-birders,

      I saw the Common ringed plover in the attached picture yesterday at
      "pointe de Penvins", Morbihan (56), France.

      It wears a green plastic ring on one leg.
      Unifortunately, I could not see the second leg.

      Does anybody have any idea of where it can come from ?

      Best regards

      Olivier Sigaud

      Attachment(s) from Olivier Sigaud

      1 of 1 Photo(s)

      --
      Pim Wolf  Vlissingen The Netherlands

      uit Nederland   06-22783428
      from abroad    +31 6227 834 28
    • Pierre VANDENWEGHE
      Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 9:35 PM
      Bonjour Olivier et  alii!

      J'ai controlé en son temps un Grd grav islandais en Bretagne.
      BAGUEUR:VIGFUS EYJOLFSSON

      mail:vigfusey@...
      Au début je n'avais qu'une patte,voir photo.
      Bonne chance!
      PV

      > Message du 02/08/10 00:26vig
      > De : "Pim Wolf"
      > A : cr-birding@yahoogroups.com
      > Copie à :
      > Objet : Re: [cr-birding] Common ringed plover : green ring
      >
      >hello Olivier,
      >
      > I can not find a project that has just one large ring (green or otherwise) on the right tarsus in the WSG database, irrespective of what is on the left leg. It seems that there are many people/groups interested in the behaviour and movements of Ringed Plovers. Unfortunately, not all of those people/groups take the time to register with the Wader Study Group before they start their project. Registering your project ensures that the codes you use are not used by anyone else, be it in the same country or further afield. That is a real shame because in the end this means that the results of some of the projects (that did think things through and did register) are at risk because some plastic-slinging cowboy may be using the same codes as they are...
      >
      > I'm sorry that I could not be of more help,
      >
      > regards, pim wolf

      On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Olivier Sigaud <scdtnso@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Olivier Sigaud included below]

      Dear cr-birders,

      I saw the Common ringed plover in the attached picture yesterday at

      "pointe de Penvins", Morbihan (56), France.

      It wears a green plastic ring on one leg.

      Unifortunately, I could not see the second leg.

      Does anybody have any idea of where it can come from ?

      Best regards

      Olivier Sigaud

      Attachment(s) from Olivier Sigaud

      1 of 1 Photo(s)