just wanted to introduce myself

  • Shannon Tracy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      hi everyone, im new to this group so i just wanted to introduce myself. im Shannon and im 15. my family owns a small farm in central NY that really serves no purpose :) we have a thoroughbred mare,a jersey steer,a scottish highland heifer,2 goats,and 5 cats.
      anyways, the main reason i joined this group was because our jerey steer does not want to walk. he is now about a year old but he is small for his age. i started training in the fall but in the winter i couldnt do much. then this spring i started traning again but he is giving me a lot of problems. he will refuse to walk,or run and bump into you or he will just put his head down and start eating. i have tried to bribe him with feed, but that hasnt worked. also,he has gotten into the habit of head butting and he will coem up behind me and head butt my knees. any suggestions????? but before this turns into a story......thanks for any help.
      ~Shannon~

    • stefan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
        Shannon , hey lil Sis , stefan here . are You a vegetarian or are
        y'all raisin the steer for beef, if You aren't vegetarian maybe
        that's why the calf is not inspired ,still you'd probably have more
        cattle then just one and You'd probably not belong to a group that
        LOVES Cows , I reckon if you want the calf to run about etc maybe
        get him/her another calf to play together with,that'll get them
        mooving,
        cool you in New York ,Moo York , I just joined this group cause i
        want to make Slaughter of our Mother Cows ILLEGAL Worldwide(We drink
        Their Milk so They are our Mothers like Mother Earth is,Also God
        Drinks Their Milk when we offer Milk For God To Eat as well as
        vegetarian Food,so Cows are Gods Mothers too,Cows are very Sacred
        and Bulls are therefore our Fathers also) (I'm a monk) (a Krsna
        Conscious Hare Krsna monk)
        I hope to do this by letters and meetings with
        Governments and partitions also ,when I get it ready I'll post here
        to get support and at many other Cow groups also .

        anyway,I reckon You should get another calf then Your calf
        will Naturally roam around and play walk and run etc ,
        he/she will have another calf to play with otherwise he/she
        will probably just sit 8) , I Love New York, see ya