Bylaws comments

  • grateful_mom
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2008
      I have a couple comments regarding the bylaws.

      In regards to officer eligibility, what if the situation arises where
      the only members agreeing to serve in a particular position do not
      meet all the requirements (a,b,c,d)? Would exceptions be allowed?

      If so, is there a preference to which exception is more important.
      Such as if one presidential nominee hasn't served on the board
      previously, and another nominee just became a paid employee, would one
      nominee by default get the position?

      Second comment is in regards to Duties and the executive board may
      approve expenditures within the budget limits up to $200.00. I agree
      with this, and wonder if we need to spell out how this gets reported
      for checks and balances sake. Such as expenditures coming from
      Unallocated Funds outside of a regular meeting must be reported during
      the Treasurer's report of the next regular meeting.

      Thanks to those who formulated the bylaws!
    • sandee_lyons
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2008
        Thanks for the comments Shari.

        The bylaws committtee has discussed your concerns and has agreed that
        a couple of changes are warranted. The updated version will be
        available soon. Look for them here and posted at school.

        CMPG attendees will vote on the bylaws at the next scheduled meeting,
        March 3 at 6 p.m. Hope to see you all there! We will be accepting
        nominations for officers at that meeting as well.

        Sandee Lyons
        CMPG Secretary

        --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "grateful_mom"