Re: Postponed: Math Walk Tuesday, Jan 29

  • grateful_mom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2008
      The math walk scheduled for tonight is being postponed due to the
      weather. Another message will come out once an alternative date has
      been set.

      > * Parent's Math Walk
      > * Tuesday, January 29, 2008
      > * 6:30-8:00pm
      > * Cowles School
      > * Focus is working with adults only
      > * Sorry, no child care available at school

    • grateful_mom
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2008
        From time to time I hear a parent ask, "But what do the kids do in the
        classroom?" Tuesday is the parents' turn to get hands-on experience
        to understand how their kids are learning math.

        * Parent's Math Walk
        * Tuesday, February 99, 2008
        * 6:30-8:00pm
        * Cowles School
        * Focus is working with adults only
        * Child care available at school. Read below for details.

        Listen as our Montessori teachers explain how math lessons are
        introduced and materials are used in each developmental level. You
        will get the opportunity to explore these materials for yourself.

        * Take a minute to invite another parent or interested person to
        come to the event. You do not need to have a child going to Cowles to
        attend this event.

        A huge thank-you to the teachers for their work to make this event happen!

        And thanks in advance to all who will attend to increase the
        understanding of the Montessori philosophy in our community.

        Childcare will be provided by three of our very own Cowles Middle
        School students with a movie night of Disney's Finding Nemo. It will
        be held in the Pax Place room down the Pre-K hallway. If you are
        bringing a child for movie night, please alert them that the activity
        is watching the movie quietly within the Pax Place room.