Parents, Come to Math Walk Tuesday, Jan 29

  • grateful_mom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2008
      From time to time I hear a parent ask, "But what do the kids do in the classroom?"  Tuesday is the parents' turn to get hands-on experience to understand how their kids are learning math.

      • Parent's Math Walk
      • Tuesday, January 29, 2008
      • 6:30-8:00pm
      • Cowles School
      • Focus is working with adults only
      • Sorry, no child care available at school

      Listen as our Montessori teachers explain how math lessons are introduced and materials are used in each developmental level.  You will get the opportunity to explore these materials for yourself.

      • Take a minute to invite another parent or interested person to come to the event.  You do not need to have a child going to Cowles to attend this event.

      A huge thank-you to the teachers for their work to make this event happen!
      And thanks in advance to all who will attend to increase the understanding of the Montessori philosophy in our community.
    • grateful_mom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2008
        The math walk scheduled for tonight is being postponed due to the
        weather. Another message will come out once an alternative date has
        been set.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2008
          From time to time I hear a parent ask, "But what do the kids do in the
          classroom?" Tuesday is the parents' turn to get hands-on experience
          to understand how their kids are learning math.

          * Parent's Math Walk
          * Tuesday, February 99, 2008
          * 6:30-8:00pm
          * Cowles School
          * Focus is working with adults only
          * Child care available at school. Read below for details.

          Listen as our Montessori teachers explain how math lessons are
          introduced and materials are used in each developmental level. You
          will get the opportunity to explore these materials for yourself.

          * Take a minute to invite another parent or interested person to
          come to the event. You do not need to have a child going to Cowles to
          attend this event.

          A huge thank-you to the teachers for their work to make this event happen!

          And thanks in advance to all who will attend to increase the
          understanding of the Montessori philosophy in our community.

          Childcare will be provided by three of our very own Cowles Middle
          School students with a movie night of Disney's Finding Nemo. It will
          be held in the Pax Place room down the Pre-K hallway. If you are
          bringing a child for movie night, please alert them that the activity
          is watching the movie quietly within the Pax Place room.