Re: [cowlesmontessori] CMPG buy safety signs?

  • Ann and Oscar Porras
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2008
      Ditto on support for parking lot signs.  I know we recently had this discussion, but isn't the farthest north parking area supposed to be empty when we're picking up/dropping off, so that we can all turn around there?  When I dropped off Etienne this morning, there were four mini-vans parked there.  Luckily my car is tiny and does tight U-turns, but bigger vehicles have to do a lot of see-sawing to turn around.  If that lot is supposed to stay empty, could we put a sign up, reminding people of that?

      I, also, unfortunately am not able to make Monday night meetings.  I really do miss them!  Have fun allocating!

      Ann

      On Jan 10, 2008 3:13 PM, elvismara <elvismara@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      I saw in the CMPG minutes that next month's meeting will include
      allocating funds for stuff. Unfortunately I can't be at the meetings
      again this semester due to a graduate class, but I'd like to suggest we
      consider adding some signage for parking lot dropoff/pickup safety and
      a smoother flow of traffic.

      I found a great brochure online that I highly recommend we all review
      (note the "What's wrong with this picture?" section and see if it looks
      familiar!), and note the signs used toward the end of the brochure. I
      found some online vendors for some of these signs.

      Please see:

      http://www.saferoutesinfo.org/guide/pdf/SRTS-Guide_Dropoff-Pickup.pdf

      Thanks for your concern! Safety first!
      Mara Egherman