Re: Mentioned by Mia Countryman at a CMPG meeting

  • jerikemple
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
      Hi Jeri,

      Cowles Montessori School has just been registered on GoodSearch, as
      seen in Oprah Magazine, ABC News, and The New York Times.

      Starting tomorrow, supporters can now raise money for your school by
      using GoodSearch to search the internet and GoodShop to make online
      purchases!

      GoodSearch.com is the search engine with a unique social mission.
      It's powered by Yahoo!, so you get the same great search results, but
      each time you do a search, GoodSearch makes a donation to your
      cause! We donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and
      schools selected by our users.

      GoodShop.com is the new online marketplace that donates a percentage
      of your online purchase to the charity or school of your choice. You
      can choose from hundreds of popular online merchants and the
      experience of shopping through GoodShop is the same as going to the
      retailer directly.

      The schools that have made the most money through GoodSearch have
      implemented the strategies below.

      1. Post a flyer around your school in high traffic areas as well as
      computer labs. Here is a flyer you can customize:
      http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#flyer

      2. Mention GoodSearch in newsletter and parent reminder notices.
      Here is a sample you can customize:
      http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#supporters

      3. Ask students, parents and faculty to make GoodSearch their
      homepage (http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#homepage) and
      download the toolbar (http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx)

      4. Set a Goal. For example, "We are trying to earn [target amount]
      dollars this year from GoodSearch which will pay for [program goal]."
      And update the community at school events!

      5. Add the GoodSearch link and logo to your school website.
      http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#logo

      6. Get the Students to take the GoodSearch pledge! Create a pledge
      banner at your school and have everyone who is committed to use
      GoodSearch on the schools behalf sign it!

      The GoodSearch staff is always on hand to work with your school to
      create a plan that will successfully implement this fundraising
      program. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have
      any questions or if there is anything else we can do to help!

      Best,

      Lala
    • cslcardwell
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
        Thanks for doing this - they even have itunes on the GoodShop!

        --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "jerikemple"
        <jerikemple@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jeri,
        >
        > Cowles Montessori School has just been registered on GoodSearch, as
        > seen in Oprah Magazine, ABC News, and The New York Times.
        >
        > Starting tomorrow, supporters can now raise money for your school
        by
        > using GoodSearch to search the internet and GoodShop to make online
        > purchases!
        >
        > GoodSearch.com is the search engine with a unique social mission.
        > It's powered by Yahoo!, so you get the same great search results,
        but
        > each time you do a search, GoodSearch makes a donation to your
        > cause! We donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and
        > schools selected by our users.
        >
        > GoodShop.com is the new online marketplace that donates a
        percentage
        > of your online purchase to the charity or school of your choice.
        You
        > can choose from hundreds of popular online merchants and the
        > experience of shopping through GoodShop is the same as going to the
        > retailer directly.
        >

        > The schools that have made the most money through GoodSearch have
        > implemented the strategies below.
        >

        > 1. Post a flyer around your school in high traffic areas as well as
        > computer labs. Here is a flyer you can customize:
        > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#flyer
        >

        > 2. Mention GoodSearch in newsletter and parent reminder notices.
        > Here is a sample you can customize:
        > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#supporters
        >

        > 3. Ask students, parents and faculty to make GoodSearch their
        > homepage (http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#homepage) and
        > download the toolbar (http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx)
        >

        > 4. Set a Goal. For example, "We are trying to earn [target amount]
        > dollars this year from GoodSearch which will pay for [program
        goal]."
        > And update the community at school events!
        >

        > 5. Add the GoodSearch link and logo to your school website.
        > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#logo
        >

        > 6. Get the Students to take the GoodSearch pledge! Create a pledge
        > banner at your school and have everyone who is committed to use
        > GoodSearch on the schools behalf sign it!
        >

        > The GoodSearch staff is always on hand to work with your school to
        > create a plan that will successfully implement this fundraising
        > program. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have
        > any questions or if there is anything else we can do to help!
        >

        > Best,
        >
        > Lala

      • Stefanie Stenberg
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
          i got on the website to shop--cowles is up and going.