Re: goodsearch.com

  • elvismara
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
      Well they have accepted my application--sorry for any confusion as I
      jumped in and applied before seeing that Mia had also started that.
      Starting tomorrow (Tues) users should be able to look up Cowles and
      start generating income. They sent me a long email about how to
      advertise this at the school. I will send that to our CMPG president--
      its Kim Babich, right? I have graduate school classes Mondays so I
      don't attend meetings this year, but as I recall Kim is our prez this
      year.

      Mara Egherman
    • jerikemple
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
        Hi Jeri,

        Cowles Montessori School has just been registered on GoodSearch, as
        seen in Oprah Magazine, ABC News, and The New York Times.

        Starting tomorrow, supporters can now raise money for your school by
        using GoodSearch to search the internet and GoodShop to make online
        purchases!

        GoodSearch.com is the search engine with a unique social mission.
        It's powered by Yahoo!, so you get the same great search results, but
        each time you do a search, GoodSearch makes a donation to your
        cause! We donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and
        schools selected by our users.

        GoodShop.com is the new online marketplace that donates a percentage
        of your online purchase to the charity or school of your choice. You
        can choose from hundreds of popular online merchants and the
        experience of shopping through GoodShop is the same as going to the
        retailer directly.

        The schools that have made the most money through GoodSearch have
        implemented the strategies below.

        1. Post a flyer around your school in high traffic areas as well as
        computer labs. Here is a flyer you can customize:
        http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#flyer

        2. Mention GoodSearch in newsletter and parent reminder notices.
        Here is a sample you can customize:
        http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#supporters

        3. Ask students, parents and faculty to make GoodSearch their
        homepage (http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#homepage) and
        download the toolbar (http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx)

        4. Set a Goal. For example, "We are trying to earn [target amount]
        dollars this year from GoodSearch which will pay for [program goal]."
        And update the community at school events!

        5. Add the GoodSearch link and logo to your school website.
        http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#logo

        6. Get the Students to take the GoodSearch pledge! Create a pledge
        banner at your school and have everyone who is committed to use
        GoodSearch on the schools behalf sign it!

        The GoodSearch staff is always on hand to work with your school to
        create a plan that will successfully implement this fundraising
        program. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have
        any questions or if there is anything else we can do to help!

        Best,

        Lala
      • cslcardwell
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
          Thanks for doing this - they even have itunes on the GoodShop!

          --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "jerikemple"
          <jerikemple@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jeri,
          >
          > Cowles Montessori School has just been registered on GoodSearch, as
          > seen in Oprah Magazine, ABC News, and The New York Times.
          >
          > Starting tomorrow, supporters can now raise money for your school
          by
          > using GoodSearch to search the internet and GoodShop to make online
          > purchases!
          >
          > GoodSearch.com is the search engine with a unique social mission.
          > It's powered by Yahoo!, so you get the same great search results,
          but
          > each time you do a search, GoodSearch makes a donation to your
          > cause! We donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and
          > schools selected by our users.
          >
          > GoodShop.com is the new online marketplace that donates a
          percentage
          > of your online purchase to the charity or school of your choice.
          You
          > can choose from hundreds of popular online merchants and the
          > experience of shopping through GoodShop is the same as going to the
          > retailer directly.
          >

          > The schools that have made the most money through GoodSearch have
          > implemented the strategies below.
          >

          > 1. Post a flyer around your school in high traffic areas as well as
          > computer labs. Here is a flyer you can customize:
          > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#flyer
          >

          > 2. Mention GoodSearch in newsletter and parent reminder notices.
          > Here is a sample you can customize:
          > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#supporters
          >

          > 3. Ask students, parents and faculty to make GoodSearch their
          > homepage (http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#homepage) and
          > download the toolbar (http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx)
          >

          > 4. Set a Goal. For example, "We are trying to earn [target amount]
          > dollars this year from GoodSearch which will pay for [program
          goal]."
          > And update the community at school events!
          >

          > 5. Add the GoodSearch link and logo to your school website.
          > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#logo
          >

          > 6. Get the Students to take the GoodSearch pledge! Create a pledge
          > banner at your school and have everyone who is committed to use
          > GoodSearch on the schools behalf sign it!
          >

          > The GoodSearch staff is always on hand to work with your school to
          > create a plan that will successfully implement this fundraising
          > program. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have
          > any questions or if there is anything else we can do to help!
          >

          > Best,
          >
          > Lala

        • Stefanie Stenberg
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
            i got on the website to shop--cowles is up and going.