Mentioned by Mia Countryman at a CMPG meeting

  • jerikemple
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007
      Check out Good Search http://www.goodsearch.com/About.aspx and search
      under Cowles Montessori. It is a great way to earn some money for our
      school. Props to Mia for mentioning this idea at the meeting.
    • Kristy Morse
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007
      • J. Bottenfield-Biehn
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007
          Me either.

          I’m not finding our school anywhere.
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
            Your correct in not finding the school yet. I went through the
            beginning process of setting it up on the system, but ran into a snag.
            I need to know who to set as a contact. I think it should be the
            president or secretary of CMPG. I know there names, but no other
            details. So, if either of you are reading this.... Would you be willing
            to go to www.goodsearch.com and enter Cowles in their database? If you
            have all the information it is really easy.
            If not please email me off this list at dsmreiki@... and I would
            be happy to finish setting it up.

            Thanks,
            Mia
          • elvismara
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
              Hi Mia and everyone,

              It looks like goodsearch wants a school staff member as a contact. I'm
              offering my husband Adam Egherman, upper elementary teacher. His email
              is adam.egherman@.... I tried to set Cowles up too...and a
              second later saw your message that you also had. This is a great idea.

              Mara Egherman
            • elvismara
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
                Well they have accepted my application--sorry for any confusion as I
                jumped in and applied before seeing that Mia had also started that.
                Starting tomorrow (Tues) users should be able to look up Cowles and
                start generating income. They sent me a long email about how to
                advertise this at the school. I will send that to our CMPG president--
                its Kim Babich, right? I have graduate school classes Mondays so I
                don't attend meetings this year, but as I recall Kim is our prez this
                year.

                Mara Egherman
              • jerikemple
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
                  Hi Jeri,

                  Cowles Montessori School has just been registered on GoodSearch, as
                  seen in Oprah Magazine, ABC News, and The New York Times.

                  Starting tomorrow, supporters can now raise money for your school by
                  using GoodSearch to search the internet and GoodShop to make online
                  purchases!

                  GoodSearch.com is the search engine with a unique social mission.
                  It's powered by Yahoo!, so you get the same great search results, but
                  each time you do a search, GoodSearch makes a donation to your
                  cause! We donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and
                  schools selected by our users.

                  GoodShop.com is the new online marketplace that donates a percentage
                  of your online purchase to the charity or school of your choice. You
                  can choose from hundreds of popular online merchants and the
                  experience of shopping through GoodShop is the same as going to the
                  retailer directly.

                  The schools that have made the most money through GoodSearch have
                  implemented the strategies below.

                  1. Post a flyer around your school in high traffic areas as well as
                  computer labs. Here is a flyer you can customize:
                  http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#flyer

                  2. Mention GoodSearch in newsletter and parent reminder notices.
                  Here is a sample you can customize:
                  http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#supporters

                  3. Ask students, parents and faculty to make GoodSearch their
                  homepage (http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#homepage) and
                  download the toolbar (http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx)

                  4. Set a Goal. For example, "We are trying to earn [target amount]
                  dollars this year from GoodSearch which will pay for [program goal]."
                  And update the community at school events!

                  5. Add the GoodSearch link and logo to your school website.
                  http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#logo

                  6. Get the Students to take the GoodSearch pledge! Create a pledge
                  banner at your school and have everyone who is committed to use
                  GoodSearch on the schools behalf sign it!

                  The GoodSearch staff is always on hand to work with your school to
                  create a plan that will successfully implement this fundraising
                  program. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have
                  any questions or if there is anything else we can do to help!

                  Best,

                  Lala
                • cslcardwell
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
                    Thanks for doing this - they even have itunes on the GoodShop!

                    --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "jerikemple"
                    <jerikemple@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Jeri,
                    >
                    > Cowles Montessori School has just been registered on GoodSearch, as
                    > seen in Oprah Magazine, ABC News, and The New York Times.
                    >
                    > Starting tomorrow, supporters can now raise money for your school
                    by
                    > using GoodSearch to search the internet and GoodShop to make online
                    > purchases!
                    >
                    > GoodSearch.com is the search engine with a unique social mission.
                    > It's powered by Yahoo!, so you get the same great search results,
                    but
                    > each time you do a search, GoodSearch makes a donation to your
                    > cause! We donate 50% of advertising revenue to the nonprofits and
                    > schools selected by our users.
                    >
                    > GoodShop.com is the new online marketplace that donates a
                    percentage
                    > of your online purchase to the charity or school of your choice.
                    You
                    > can choose from hundreds of popular online merchants and the
                    > experience of shopping through GoodShop is the same as going to the
                    > retailer directly.
                    >

                    > The schools that have made the most money through GoodSearch have
                    > implemented the strategies below.
                    >

                    > 1. Post a flyer around your school in high traffic areas as well as
                    > computer labs. Here is a flyer you can customize:
                    > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#flyer
                    >

                    > 2. Mention GoodSearch in newsletter and parent reminder notices.
                    > Here is a sample you can customize:
                    > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#supporters
                    >

                    > 3. Ask students, parents and faculty to make GoodSearch their
                    > homepage (http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#homepage) and
                    > download the toolbar (http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx)
                    >

                    > 4. Set a Goal. For example, "We are trying to earn [target amount]
                    > dollars this year from GoodSearch which will pay for [program
                    goal]."
                    > And update the community at school events!
                    >

                    > 5. Add the GoodSearch link and logo to your school website.
                    > http://www.goodsearch.com/GetInvolved.aspx#logo
                    >

                    > 6. Get the Students to take the GoodSearch pledge! Create a pledge
                    > banner at your school and have everyone who is committed to use
                    > GoodSearch on the schools behalf sign it!
                    >

                    > The GoodSearch staff is always on hand to work with your school to
                    > create a plan that will successfully implement this fundraising
                    > program. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have
                    > any questions or if there is anything else we can do to help!
                    >

                    > Best,
                    >
                    > Lala

                  • Stefanie Stenberg
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
                      i got on the website to shop--cowles is up and going.