Re: [cowlesmontessori] Re: Fundraiser IDEA

  • J. Bottenfield-Biehn
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 14, 2007
      Bill,
      CafePress is AWESOME! I know a lot of people that have used it.
      I would give it a "yes" vote.
      Jessica

      paxsonbill <paxson@...> wrote:
      One way to do this is through a website called "Cafepress".
      We can upload a design, and have it available for the Cowles community on a huge variety of products...t- shirts, sweatshirts, coffee mugs, tote bags, clocks, BBQ aprons, baby clothes, magnets, bumper stickers, etc.  (I'd avoid the thong underwear, tho.) :">
      Cafepress handles the transaction (Visa, MC...) and, of course, takes a small cut.  No one at Cowles has to take orders or handle the $$$.
      Best of all, we don't pay in advance for any inventory. Each item is printed after it is ordered. There are no upfront costs.
      I know that sounds like an ad, but really, I don't work there.
      - Bill Paxson

      Jessica Bottenfield-Biehn,RN,CD(DONA)
      Holistic Moms Network
      Des Moines, IA

      "You are Stronger than you seem, Braver than you believe and Smarter than you think". ~~Christopher Robin

    • hnschebel
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 15, 2007
        Kristie-
        I proposed the same idea to Sue Gunnick over email about 6 weeks
        ago. In fact my email to her was so similar to yours, I thought
        maybe she was putting it out for me now that the Auction is over!
        Great minds and all that sort of thing...

        Anyway, I think (obviously) it is a great idea and I would love to
        help organize something. I was thinking that we could have the kids
        create Earth Day related art and we could pick the winning art and
        put it on a bag that we sell for Earth Day.

        I found a website that makes bulk orders for anywhere from $3/bag
        down to $1.75/bag depending on how many you order, so we could
        compare that to cafepress, which I have used before so I know they
        are reputable.

        --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "herbnhome" <herbnhome@...>
        wrote:

        > Perhaps this is coming too soon after the auction (GREAT job by the
        > way!) but I had this great idea and I wanted to share it with
        everyone.
        > I have been collecting canvans bags to use when I shop (so I don't
        have
        > to waste the plastic ones) and I always like to buy them from
        businesses
        > I enjoy.
        >
        > So...since we are all supporting the environment at Cowles - why
        don't
        > we do something above and beyond collecting plastic bags for the
        > environment? Why don't we show everyone how committed we are and
        earn
        > some money for the school as well. The kids (or someone) could
        create a
        > logo for canvas bags to be sold at Cowles (or other material), they
        > could be produced (not very expensive - I have a brochure from a
        company
        > I use for other things) and then the bags could be sold to parents
        and
        > friends at a higher cost (like everyone else does - the other day I
        > bought a bag for 22$!!!!)
        >
        > Just an idea...
        >
        > Blessings & Health,
        >
        > Kristie
        >
        > www.thedreamangelslimo.com <http://www.thedreamangelslimo.com>

      • Kristie Karima Burns, MH, ND
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2007
          Wow the earth day idea is great too. I would love to have a bag with some art on it, a lot better than all the logos I carry around (even though they are businesses I want to support)! That sounds great! It sounds like the time must be right for this idea....as a side note too - we can make more money ordering them on our own. I LOVE Cafepress but they take a really large cut of the money and unless we had large ongoing orders we would not make much. Perhaps we could take pre-orders and then we would not end up ordering too many, at least?