Re: [cowlesmontessori] Re: lost and found

  • Carla Ruble
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 9, 2012
      I also sent an email suggesting that we let other Cowles families take items they could use like we have in the past. It would be nice if we could lay the items out on tables for Friday evening. I can volunteer to do that.

      Carla Ruble
      CFO Service
      515-770-5163

      On Feb 9, 2012, at 10:24 AM, NPack <e_n_pack@...> wrote:

      I also agree, and I think it would be helpful if the lost and found was placed in a different location, such as by the office as it has been in years past. Parents could then walk by and search through it. Where it is now, I forget it's there.

      Nina

      mssci@... wrote:

      >Ditto

    • NPack
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 9, 2012
        Great idea, Carla! I can help you with that.

        Nina

        Carla Ruble <cmruble1@...> wrote:

        >I also sent an email suggesting that we let other Cowles families take items they could use like we have in the past. It would be nice if we could lay the items out on tables for Friday evening. I can volunteer to do that.
        >
        >Carla Ruble
        >CFO Service
        >515-770-5163
        >
        >On Feb 9, 2012, at 10:24 AM, NPack <e_n_pack@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I also agree, and I think it would be helpful if the lost and found was placed in a different location, such as by the office as it has been in years past. Parents could then walk by and search through it. Where it is now, I forget it's there.
        >>
        >> Nina
        >>
        >> mssci@... wrote:
        >>
        >> >Ditto

      • Shari Hrdina
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2012
          I talked with Nancy about letting other Cowles families have first dibs on unclaimed items before sending to Goodwill.  Here's some things she said:
          She can send out a message about offering lost items to the parent email list if we organize what's going on and tell her what to send.  She's flexible with the timing.
          There are a lot of mis-match items, like only one mitten, that she thought Goodwill may not take. (Maybe a teacher may want for a  sock-puppet / mitten-puppet show?)
          Last year it was Charlene who set up items in the upper hallway.
          Not many things were taken during the Sweetheart dance.

          Those interested in helping make this happen can email me at sharihrdina@..., and we can coordinate off-line.

          Shari