memorial service for Deb Fincham

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012
      Dear all,

      I hope you don't mind my passing along this information to the Cowles community. I believe both of the Lambert girls went to Cowles some time ago, so I thought some of you might know Mark Lambert and Deb Fincham.

      Laurie

      Friends:

      First, apologies if you've already gotten an e-mail from me on this.  I'm sending out to various lists, with some duplication.

      As you may already know, my loving and wonderful wife Deb Fincham, mother of Sierra and Jasmine, died on Sunday, January 1st at 2:56 a.m. from complications of lung cancer (NEVER smoked, by the way)  (she may have died from complications from the cancer treatments).   Although Deb recently had a great PET scan result that led us to believe she had years to live, her body started producing excessive fluid around her lungs and heart.  She went into the hospital the Wednesday after Christmas, and by Saturday things had continued to worsen depsite every effort of the doctors, and she died early Sunday morning.   Saturday night, we knew for sure things were bad.  Sierra and Jasmine and Deb got to say their goodbyes to each other privately, and I was the last one to be alone with her before she slipped from consciousness.   For the next several hours, I held her, my forehead pressed to hers, me talking in her ear, sharing stories of our 23 years together, me telling her how I loved her, what a great companion/partner and mother she was, etc.   I continued holding her, pressing my foreheard against hers, kissing her forehead and talking to her until she took her last breath.  She was surrounded by her parents, one of her three sisters (the other two were on their way from other states), her best friend since childhood, and me.

      Needless to say, we are all pretty devastated.    Hope you can join us at either the visitation or memorial service or both, which are being held at our church in Des Moines; details below.

      --Mark

      Here are the details re: my wife Deb's Memorial Service and the Visitation:

      VISITATION: The visitation will be Friday, January 6, 2012 from 4:30 to 7:30 at the First Unitarian Church, 1800 Bell Ave., Des Moines.

      MEMORIAL SERVICE: Deb's memorial service will be Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 10:30, also at the First Unitarian Church, 1800 Bell Ave., Des Moines.  Luncheon follows.

      DIRECTIONS: The First Unitarian Church is just off Fleur Drive (that goes to the DM Airport). If you are coming from downtown Des Moines heading south on Fleur toward the airport, the Bell intersection is just past Gray's Lake, as you are going up the hill, AIB (the American Institute of Business) is on your right, and there's the Open Bible Church (I think) on high on the hill on your left. Turn left (east) at that intersection, on Bell Ave, and in less than a block you'll see the Unitarian Church on your right. There is limited parking before the church, a larger parking lot down the hill behind the church, parking on the streets around there (except Bell itself) and you could also park in the business parking lot across the street. Hope to see you at one or both of the events. Cards can be sent to Mark, Sierra & Jasmine Lambert, 1104 Phillips, Polk City, IA 50226.   Deb requested that memorial gifts be made payable to the trust Deb established recently which will help provide for our daughters' college education: the "Fincham-Lambert Family Trust."  Thanks.

      Feel free to pass this info along to anyone else you think might be interested.