Re: Picture Day

  • Melissa Winters
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 26, 2011
      I forwarded this thread to Liz, here's her response -

      Hello everyone!

      The school pictures and company were set last spring by Mrs. Moore. Neither the school nor the district get a kickback. The company sets up the packages. I would be happy to check into the costs. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
      Liz

      Liz Mashek, Principal
      Cowles Montessori
      6401 College Avenue
      Windsor Heights, Iowa 50324
      515-242-7818

      --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, lorafraracci@... wrote:

      > Amy originally hired these guys because they were local and they tacked on freebies, ie taking free pics at dances and other events throughout the school year. We actually turned those "free pics" into fundraisers by selling them for a small fee on site at the events. The pics also were printed on site at the events so it made for a nice memento. I believe a lot of the pics taken by Jolesch at various events throughout the year were then used in the year book as well. If asked they probably would have taken pictures on the Peace Walk.
      >
      > Best practice should be to find out what the deal is and see if we can get a even better deal. Liz can call and get the "scoop" and bring info to next meeting.
      >
      > Lora Fraracci
      > Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.

    • Melissa Winters
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 26, 2011
        Whoops! I checked with Nancy and we do get a percentage of sales. She thought we got $500.00-$600.00 last year! I am checking into this with the sales representative too.

        Liz Mashek, Principal
        Cowles Montessori
        6401College Avenue
        Windsor Heights, Iowa 50324
        515-242-7818

      • eliz.maxwell@mchsi.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 26, 2011
          Yes. It's a great fundraiser for any school. It's definitely a reason to "photographer shop" but it's also probably the reason we'll need to utilize a larger company.

          From: "Melissa Winters" <melowinters@...>
          Sender: cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:24:55 -0000
          To: <cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [cowlesmontessori] Re: Picture Day

          Whoops! I checked with Nancy and we do get a percentage of sales. She thought we got $500.00-$600.00 last year! I am checking into this with the sales representative too.

          Liz Mashek, Principal
          Cowles Montessori
          6401College Avenue
          Windsor Heights, Iowa 50324
          515-242-7818

          --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa Winters" <melowinters@...> wrote:

          > I forwarded this thread to Liz, here's her response -
          >
          > Hello everyone!
          >
          > The school pictures and company were set last spring by Mrs. Moore. Neither the school nor the district get a kickback. The company sets up the packages. I would be happy to check into the costs. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
          > Liz
          >
          > Liz Mashek, Principal
          > Cowles Montessori
          > 6401 College Avenue
          > Windsor Heights, Iowa 50324
          > 515-242-7818
          >
          > --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, lorafraracci@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Amy originally hired these guys because they were local and they tacked on freebies, ie taking free pics at dances and other events throughout the school year. We actually turned those "free pics" into fundraisers by selling them for a small fee on site at the events. The pics also were printed on site at the events so it made for a nice memento. I believe a lot of the pics taken by Jolesch at various events throughout the year were then used in the year book as well. If asked they probably would have taken pictures on the Peace Walk.
          > >
          > > Best practice should be to find out what the deal is and see if we can get a even better deal. Liz can call and get the "scoop" and bring info to next meeting.
          > >
          > > Lora Fraracci
          > > Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.

        • Jaci
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 26, 2011
            I'm glad to know that the school is getting something out of this, so I will definitely order some. Thanks for the info.