Parent volunteers needed to write to school board

  • grateful_mom
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 7, 2007
      At the last CMPG meeting, the Montessori Awareness and Growth
      Committee (formally Expansion Committee) gave details for an
      initiative to educate the school board/cabinet regarding Montessori
      principles. We are looking for parents to write a letter to the
      school board.

      This is what it will look like.
      - Each letter will cover one of the eight principles outlined in the
      file 'Eight Principles of Montessori by Lillard' which is posted to
      this group.
      - The parent will explain what the principle is and how it benefited
      his or her child.
      - A letter with a different topic will be sent every 3-5 weeks. We
      would like to cover all eight topics by the end of the school year.
      - A final letter will be sent tying the eight points with the book
      they came from. Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius by Angeline
      Stoll Lillard. This book demonstrates how modern research supports
      Montessori principles.
      - The reason to educate this group is to help them understand what
      Montessori is, so that as we continue to grow in the future, they will
      be supportive.

      This is what you need to do.
      - Pick out a topic you have particular interest in or applies to your
      child.
      - Pick out a time frame that works for you to write a letter.
      - Lori Emison Clair will coordinate who will be writing on which topic
      during what time frame.
      - Write your letter. If you need help or want more information to
      better understand the principle, let us know.
      - We will also help with the distribution process of getting it sent
      to the right people.
      - We would also like to post it to the yahoo group as example letters
      for other parents, and to educate parents within the school regarding
      the principles.

      If you have any questions, you may contact me at sharihrdina@...
      or at 279-4644.

      --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com,

      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 8, 2007
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
        group.

        File : /NOV07CMPG.doc
        Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
        Description : November CMPG minutes

        sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
      • cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 8, 2007
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
          group.

          File : /DEC07CMPG.doc
          Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
          Description : CMPG Minutes December 2007

          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 10, 2008
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
            group.

            File : /CMPG_Jan08Minutes.doc
            Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
            Description : CMPG Minutes January 2008

            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 5, 2008
              Hello,

              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
              group.

              File : /CMPG_Bylaw011808.doc
              Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
              Description : Proposed Bylaws for CMPG

              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 8, 2008
                Hello,

                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                group.

                File : /CMPG_Feb08Minutes.docx
                Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
                Description : CMPG Minutes February 2008

                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 21, 2008
                  Hello,

                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                  group.

                  File : /CMPG_Bylaws022108.doc
                  Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
                  Description : BYLAWS TO BE VOTED ON MARCH 3, 2008

                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 5 10:20 AM
                    Hello,

                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                    group.

                    File : /CMPG_Bylaws Final.doc
                    Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
                    Description : CMPG Bylaws approved March 3, 2008

                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 10, 2008
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                      group.

                      File : /CMPG_Apr08Minutes.doc
                      Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
                      Description : CMPG Minutes April 2008

                      Message 10 of 30 , May 7, 2008
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                        group.

                        File : /CMPG Meeting minutes May52008.doc
                        Uploaded by : emisonclair <emisonclair@...>
                        Description : CMPG meeting Minutes May 2008

                        emisonclair <emisonclair@...>
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 16, 2008
                          Hello all,

                          Sorry to send this to the whole list, but I wasn't sure who could help.

                          The Cole-Belin Education Foundation supported CMPG in 2007 with a gift and apparently needs confirmation of 501(c)3 status.

                          If someone can e-mail me directly at laurabelin@... as soon as possible, I would appreciate it. If you have it, please send confirmation of tax-exempt status in a pdf file. Otherwise, I can get you a fax number where the form can be sent.

                          Thanks in advance,

                          Laurie
                        • cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
                          Message 12 of 30 , May 18, 2009
                            Hello,

                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                            group.

                            File : /MS BOB Final booklist 3-24-09.doc
                            Uploaded by : sandee_lyons <sklyons3@...>
                            Description : Middle School Battle of the Books 2009-10

                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 5, 2009
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                              group.

                              File : /CMPG Minutes 11-02-09.docx
                              Uploaded by : kricket.mahoney <kricket.mahoney@...>
                              Description : CMPG Minutes 11-2-09

                              Message 14 of 30 , Nov 5, 2009
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                                group.

                                File : /CMPG Minutes 10-5-09.docx
                                Uploaded by : kricket.mahoney <kricket.mahoney@...>
                                Description : CMPG Minutes 10-5-09

                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 4, 2010
                                  Hi all,

                                  Here's the direct link to the page where Cowles class lists can be downloaded:

                                  http://www.dmps.k12.ia.us/schools/1Cowles/index.htm

                                  Laurie

                                • cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Sep 9, 2010
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                                    group.

                                    File : /Student Directory 2010-11.doc
                                    Uploaded by : melmonster <melowinters@...>
                                    Description : 2010-11 Student Directory

                                    You can access this file at the URL:

                                    Regards,

                                    melmonster <melowinters@...>
                                  • Kari Ward
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 1, 2010

                                      Anyone in Mrs. Wright’s am class want to meet for a play date with my 3 yo who will be new to Cowles?  Email me at kward@...  Thanks !

                                      Kari Ward – mama to Ilsa

                                    • cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Nov 1, 2010
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                                        group.

                                        File : /CMPG Minutes 2010 10 04.doc
                                        Uploaded by : melmonster <melowinters@...>
                                        Description : CMPG Minutes 2010-10

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Sep 1, 2011
                                          Hello,

                                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                                          group.

                                          File : /CMPG Minutes 2011 07 14.doc
                                          Uploaded by : melmonster <melowinters@...>
                                          Description : CMPG Minutes July 2011

                                          You can access this file at the URL:

                                          Regards,

                                          melmonster <melowinters@...>
                                        • Sara Sbrizaj
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Sep 1, 2011
                                            I was wandering if anybody ever requested from the city to add a trafic light at the crossing of 63rd st. and college? I find it difficult to cross that street as a pedestrian, on a bike and even turing in by car in rush hour. Or at least there could be a crosswalk with a stop sign if it's too expensive to put in a traffic light. There's not even a sign on 63rd st of any kind there is a school nearby.

                                            For comparison Windsor Elementary has a sign 25mph when flashing for school. And they have a bridge for pedestrians going over University avenue as well as a traffic light at Merle Hay and University ave.

                                            Thanks,
                                            Sara Rousseau
                                          • Sabbath
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Sep 1, 2011
                                              VERY good questions!

                                              Sabbath Jackson

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Sep 8, 2011
                                                Hello,

                                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                                                group.

                                                File : /Student Directory 2011-12.xls
                                                Uploaded by : melmonster <melowinters@...>
                                                Description : 2011-12 Student Directory

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jan 18, 2012
                                                  Hello,

                                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the cowlesmontessori
                                                  group.

                                                  File : /CMPG Minutes 2012 01 09.doc
                                                  Uploaded by : melmonster <melowinters@...>
                                                  Description : CMPG Minutes January 2012