Re: [cowlesmontessori] Parent Support Needed for New Cowles Parking Lot

  • lorafraracci@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2010
      We are there!
      Thank you Amy for all your hard work on this!

      Lora & Abe

      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.

      From: Jessica Bottenfield-Biehn <birthworksdsm@...>
      Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:37:28 -0500
      To: <cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com>; Amy Moore<amy.moore@...>
      Subject: [cowlesmontessori] Parent Support Needed for New Cowles Parking Lot

      Hi All, I hope you have already heard of the proposed new parking lot for Cowles!

      Here is some information from Principal Amy Moore: "There are some neighbors who are protesting our new parking lot proposal because of fear of run off.  Their claim is that the extra concrete will cause more run off into their yards.  The engineering firm has taken this into consideration and is actually going to improve the area by building in a retention pond.  However, the neighbors are still planning on protesting at the Windsor Heights City Council planning meeting and council meeting.

      My theory and priority is student safety for school drop off which is what I will be advocating for at these meetings.  It would be wonderful to have some Cowles parents there to support the same cause." - Amy

      The last CMPG meeting of the year is coming up this Monday May 3rd, it is being held  at 5PM to allow for parent attendance at the Windsor Heights City Council Meeting at 6PM. Childcare is being provided at Cowles with Mr. Egherman in the building to supervise, while parents are attending the council meeting. Please come to CMPG at 5 on Monday to hear more about this issue or plan on meeting us at Windsor Heights Citry Hall at 6PM.
      Thanks so much for your support. I hope with the right amount of information and open communication we can reach a solution for our parking needs while remaining sensitive to area property owners concerns.

       Cowles Parking Lot Proposal to be Heard:
      Monday, May 3rd 6:00 Windsor Heights City Council Meeting
      Location; Windsor Heights City Hall

      Jessica BB- Cowles Parent

      --
      Jessica Bottenfield- Biehn, RN,CD(DONA)

      If I wanted it to be quiet I would be raising goldfish.

      FRONTIER SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY & FAMILY NURSING
      www.frontierschool. edu • (606) 672-2312

      Offering Doctor of Nursing Practice
      Offering Master of Science in Nursing
               • Nurse-Midwifery • Family Nurse Practitioner
               • WHCNP • ADN-to-MSN Bridge