Parenting for School Success- PTA Conference in Cedar Rapids April 24th

  • Jessica Bottenfield-Biehn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2010
    I want to pass this information along about this conference. It looks great, and the registration is only $30. I am planning on attending. =)

    Parenting for School Success conference on April 24 at the Kirkwood Education Center in Cedar Rapids.
     This conference is being co-sponsored by Iowa Parent Information Resource Center (PIRC) and Iowa Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and is for ALL families, both PTA and non-PTA.  It is designed as a day of informational workshops and keynotes to help give parents tools that they can use to help their child be success in school and life.
     Please find attached a "Save the Date" flier and the "Registration" materials for the event.  In the registration materials you can find descriptions for the workshops to be offered, the days agenda, and information on the keynote speakers.
     We would greatly appreciate your help in sharing this information with organizations or groups that may have families/caregivers that could benefit from such a conference.
     We also invite you to attend this conference.
     Again this is open to ALL Families (inclusive of all those that are the primary care-giver for children birth through college).  If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at children1st@..., or at my phone numbers listed below.
     Thank you for your support!
     Sincerely,
    Tracey Adamowski
    Iowa PIRC Parent Coordinator
     515.267.8919 home
    515.779.8919 cell
    "Improving our schools is about training a new generation of workers and succeeding in new industries. But a good education -- provided with the help of great teachers and mentors -- is about something more. It's about instilling in a young person a love of learning and a sense of possibility in their own lives, an understanding of the world around them that will serve them no matter what they do." President Barack Obama, January 6, 2010

    --
    Jessica Bottenfield-Biehn, RN,CD(DONA)

    If I wanted it to be quiet I would be raising goldfish.

    FRONTIER SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY & FAMILY NURSING
    www.frontierschool.edu • (606) 672-2312

    Offering Doctor of Nursing Practice
    Offering Master of Science in Nursing
             • Nurse-Midwifery • Family Nurse Practitioner
             • WHCNP • ADN-to-MSN Bridge