Play dough recipe

  • lhannabergen
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
      Does anyone have the Cowles-approved play dough recipe? I lost it.

      Thanks!

      Laura
    • J. Bottenfield-Biehn
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
        Hey Laura. I have a "homemade salt clay" or playdough recipe but I did not get it from Cowles, so I don't know if that is what you are looking for? Was it on a handout from Lily's class?
        Jessica

        lhannabergen <laurahb27@...> wrote:
        Does anyone have the Cowles-approved play dough recipe? I lost it.

        Thanks!

        Laura

        Jessica Bottenfield-Biehn,RN,CD(DONA)
        Holistic Moms Network
        Des Moines, IA

        "You are Stronger than you seem, Braver than you believe and Smarter than you think". ~~Christopher Robin

      • Laura Hanna-Bergen
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2007
          Yes, it was a handout and I will keep looking or ask for another on Monday.

          I'm relieved that Lily's parent/teacher conference went okay.  When Andy looked through her portfolio he was surprised that there were no police reports, fingerprints, etc.

          She needs to stop acting out Junie B. Jones stories at school.  Yesterday she sneaked back into the classroom during recess and hid long enough to have the whole school searching for her.  Ugghhh!

          On 10/10/07, J. Bottenfield-Biehn <iowaprodoula@...> wrote:

          Hey Laura. I have a "homemade salt clay" or playdough recipe but I did not get it from Cowles, so I don't know if that is what you are looking for? Was it on a handout from Lily's class?
          Jessica

          lhannabergen <laurahb27@...> wrote:
          Does anyone have the Cowles-approved play dough recipe? I lost it.

          Thanks!

          Laura

          Jessica Bottenfield-Biehn,RN,CD(DONA)
          Holistic Moms Network
          Des Moines, IA

          "You are Stronger than you seem, Braver than you believe and Smarter than you think". ~~Christopher Robin

        • morelandj4
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 25, 2007
            Yes. I have made many batches using Mrs. Brannon's recipe. See below.

            Play Dough (from Mrs. Brannon)

            1 ½ c. flour
            4 T. salt
            1 ½ c. water
            1 ½ T. oil
            1 ½ t. cream of tartar

            Cook on medium heat. Stir until it is too thick to stir anymore.
            Knead until cool.

            Can double recipe.

            Use paste-style food coloring, for best results. Store in sealed
            plastic container or bag.

            --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "lhannabergen"
            <laurahb27@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone have the Cowles-approved play dough recipe? I lost
            it.

            > Thanks!
            >
            > Laura

          • Laura Hanna-Bergen
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 26, 2007
              Thank you!!!  Saving this on the computer will be more reliable than my stack of papers.