no sidewalks

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hello all,

      Two Del Matro residents who oppose additional sidewalks were elected to the Windsor Heights City Council yesterday, which means that there is no chance to get sidewalks installed on 64th or Del Matro in the next couple of years.

      I think it would be a good idea for Cowles parents to keep written records of near-misses or dangerous situations caused by the lack of sidewalks on these streets. If you have almost been hit by a car, or almost hit a pedestrian during drop-off or pick-up from Cowles, it would be worth writing down the date and circumstances. Maybe if we can keep records about how often this happens, someday we will be able to change someone's mind on the council.

      Laurie Belin
      276-6971