Potential Topics for Parent Education Series

  • TattooedMama
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008

      At the last CMPG meeting (Oct.6th) Rita Schneider, our Montessori advisor, updated us on this year's upcoming series of Parent Education Nights. They will be held on the 2nd Tuesday monthly at 6:00 P.M. They are for parents, caregivers, grandparents, etc. CMPG will be funding childcare so parents can attend.
      We need your input on the potential topics that could be covered. You may respond to the Yahoogroup for discussion, or email me directly and I'll compile the responses and forward them to Rita.

      (these names are just something to give you an idea of the general concept.)

      1.) Child development and Montessori planes of development.
      2.) Taking advantage of the sensitive periods
      3.) The importance of order
      4.) Indirect teaching
          a) the hand as a teacher
          b) students as teachers
      5.) What is normalization and how do we achieve it?
      6.) Writing before reading
          a) Sound games
          b) Phonetic reading
      7.) Discipline the Montessori way
      8.) Preparation of the adult
      9.) Observation as a tool for action
      10.) Concentration
      11.) Following the child
      12.) the Mathamatical Mind
      13.) any other suggestions
      Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this request.

      Jessica B-B
      CMPG-VP
      (that's a lot of letters...)
      --
      Jessica Bottenfield-Biehn, RN,CD(DONA)
      If I wanted it to be quiet I would be raising goldfish.