Proposed amendments to CMPG bylaws

  • morelandj4
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2008
      As a newly incoroprated entity, the Cowles Montessori Parent Group
      (CMPG) must apply to the IRS to obtain nonprofit status. Before we
      can do this, we must have very stringent conflict of interest
      policies in place. Although we have some provisions in our current
      bylaws, an amendment is needed to strengthen our policies. The
      nature of these changes is indicated in 2 files, which have been
      uploaded to the "files" tab within this listserv.

      The 2 files for your review include:
      1. Proposed amended CMPG bylaws (changes indicated in two places with
      red text), and
      2. IRS conflict of interest policy, which we are asked to adopt.

      The CMPG must vote on any bylaws changes. We will as for a motion to
      amend the bylaws at our next CMPG meeting - Monday, November 3 at
      6:00 pm.

      Please let me know if you have questions or comments regarding this
      proposal.
      Thanks,
      Kathy Schneider
      CMPG President