Re:fundraising idea for CMPG: GoodSearch

  • Mara Egherman
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      Just an additional note on the Tyson thing...we won't be able to support that either.  Our family lived near Tyson Foods in Wisconsin and they had really bad labor practices resulting in a long, embattled strike.  I couldn't in good conscience buy their products for my family (and I'm a vegetarian myself).

      I set up Cowles on GoodSearch last spring and I use it many times a day.  I would have expected our total raised to be higher by this time, but I guess every bit helps.

      This semester again, like both fall and spring last year, I have a graduate class on Monday evenings so I won't be able to attend CMPG meetings.  I'm glad to have this forum to keep up with things.

      Peace, Mara Egherman

      "It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  Albus Dumbledore, _Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets_