Re: [cowlesmontessori] Re: fundraising idea for CMPG: GoodSearch

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
      Thanks, Carla. Can this be publicized to the Cowles parents more? If it has been in the past, I missed it.

      It would be helpful to spell out the steps people have to take to choose Cowles Montessori at GoodSearch and to make sure that Cowles gets credit for any purchases people make through Amazon, etc.

      There must be a lot of people buying things from these sites already who are not aware of what they need to do to help Cowles benefit from their purchases.

      Best,

      Laurie

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
        Hi everyone,

        Just an additional note on the Tyson thing...we won't be able to support that either.  Our family lived near Tyson Foods in Wisconsin and they had really bad labor practices resulting in a long, embattled strike.  I couldn't in good conscience buy their products for my family (and I'm a vegetarian myself).

        I set up Cowles on GoodSearch last spring and I use it many times a day.  I would have expected our total raised to be higher by this time, but I guess every bit helps.

        This semester again, like both fall and spring last year, I have a graduate class on Monday evenings so I won't be able to attend CMPG meetings.  I'm glad to have this forum to keep up with things.

        Peace, Mara Egherman

        "It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  Albus Dumbledore, _Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets_