Re: [cowlesmontessori] fundraising idea for CMPG: GoodSearch

  • cmruble1@mchsi.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
      Laura,
      Cowles is signed up with GoodSearch.  Go to GoodSearch.com, in the "Who do you Goodsearch for?" box, type in Cowles Montessori.  It appears that so far we have raised approximately $28.77.  GoodSearch also has shopping that will pay Cowles a certain percentage. There are sites like Best Buy, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Ebay, Hotels.com and many, many others.  You can get information on the shopping from the GoodSearch.com home page.

      Regards,
      Carla Ruble

      -------------- Original message from laura belin <laurabelin@...>: --------------

      Hi all,

      My family doesn't eat Tyson chicken and doesn't plan to start, so I've been keeping my ears open for other fundraising opportunities.

      Someone told me about GoodSearch:

      http://www.goodsear ch.com/

      This site allows you to designate a charity, which can be a school, and that charity gets money every time you do a google search on your computer.

      The person who told me about it has raised more than $30 for his charity in 2008 so far (that would be equivalent to more than 120 Tyson chicken labels).

      I strongly encourage someone from CMPG to join this GoodSearch site and spread the word among Cowles parents that they can designate CMPG as their charity on the site.

      I'm sure a lot of us are on the computer frequently. I'd love for Cowles to get extra money for Cowles every time I do a google search I would have done anyway.

      Best,

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
        Thanks, Carla. Can this be publicized to the Cowles parents more? If it has been in the past, I missed it.

        It would be helpful to spell out the steps people have to take to choose Cowles Montessori at GoodSearch and to make sure that Cowles gets credit for any purchases people make through Amazon, etc.

        There must be a lot of people buying things from these sites already who are not aware of what they need to do to help Cowles benefit from their purchases.

        Best,

        Laurie

        This message may come through twice, I am not very good at getting
        things to post. I wanted to let everyone know that Cowles is signed

        --- In cowlesmontessori@ yahoogroups. com, laura belin <laurabelin@ ...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > My family doesn't eat Tyson chicken and doesn't plan to start, so
        I've been keeping my ears open for other fundraising opportunities.

        > Someone told me about GoodSearch:
        >
        > http://www.goodsear ch.com/
        >
        > This site allows you to designate a charity, which can be a school,
        and that charity gets money every time you do a google search on your
        computer.

        > The person who told me about it has raised more than $30 for his
        charity in 2008 so far (that would be equivalent to more than 120
        Tyson chicken labels).

        > I strongly encourage someone from CMPG to join this GoodSearch site
        and spread the word among Cowles parents that they can designate CMPG
        as their charity on the site.

        > I'm sure a lot of us are on the computer frequently. I'd love for
        Cowles to get extra money for Cowles every time I do a google search
        I would have done anyway.

        > Best,
        >
        > Laurie

      • Mara Egherman
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
          Hi everyone,

          Just an additional note on the Tyson thing...we won't be able to support that either.  Our family lived near Tyson Foods in Wisconsin and they had really bad labor practices resulting in a long, embattled strike.  I couldn't in good conscience buy their products for my family (and I'm a vegetarian myself).

          I set up Cowles on GoodSearch last spring and I use it many times a day.  I would have expected our total raised to be higher by this time, but I guess every bit helps.

          This semester again, like both fall and spring last year, I have a graduate class on Monday evenings so I won't be able to attend CMPG meetings.  I'm glad to have this forum to keep up with things.

          Peace, Mara Egherman

          "It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  Albus Dumbledore, _Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets_