Re: Off Topic - Summer Daycare Needed

  • elvismara
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28 8:35 AM
      Well I composed a message and while looking up a website it
      disappeared...please forgive if this appears twice.

      Shari,

      This is a good question, and I'm sure other parents are also interested
      in summer options. Several Cowles kids attend Camp Shalom in the
      summer, including Cora and Zeke. It is a Jewish day camp, so there are
      some Jewish rituals and discussions of Israel, but it is open to
      everyone. It is held in Waukee at Caspe Terrace. A bus starts at
      Tifereth Israel Synagogue on Polk Blvd, with a stop at Valley West Mall
      where they pick up additional campers en route to camp. I don't know
      how cost compares to other programs, but they do have some financial
      assistance. I'd be happy to answer your (or anyone else's) questions
      if you'd like. Here's a link to the basic information:

      http://www.jewishdesmoines.org/section.html?id=1541

      Good luck! Mara Egherman