Re: Off Topic - Summer Daycare Needed

  • sandee_lyons
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2008
      Hi Shari,
      Our kids have both enjoyed the Hantesa day camps as well-counselors
      always seemed very nice and drop off and pick up are right on
      Hickman. Contact info--
      Camp Fire USA Heart of the Hawkeye Council
      5615 HICKMAN ROAD
      DES MOINES, IA 50310
      Phone: 515/274-1501
      Fax:515/274-1502

      Web site: www.campfireusaia.com

      E-Mail: campfire@...

      Good Luck
      Sandee

      --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "grateful_mom"
      <sharihrdina@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know of a good summer daycare for this summer? Does
      > anyone know good resources to use to find a summer daycare? It
      would
      > be for a eleven and nine year old.
      >
      > Claire and Noel have been going to Metro Kids summer program the
      last
      > few years. This year Metro Kids is enforcing their rule that you
      > cannot use the Summer Program unless you go to the Before/After Care
      > Program. Since Claire and Noel do not need to go to Before/After
      > Care, they are no longer eligible.
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Shari Hrdina
      > sharihrdina@...
      > 279-4644

    • elvismara
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 28, 2008
        Well I composed a message and while looking up a website it
        disappeared...please forgive if this appears twice.

        Shari,

        This is a good question, and I'm sure other parents are also interested
        in summer options. Several Cowles kids attend Camp Shalom in the
        summer, including Cora and Zeke. It is a Jewish day camp, so there are
        some Jewish rituals and discussions of Israel, but it is open to
        everyone. It is held in Waukee at Caspe Terrace. A bus starts at
        Tifereth Israel Synagogue on Polk Blvd, with a stop at Valley West Mall
        where they pick up additional campers en route to camp. I don't know
        how cost compares to other programs, but they do have some financial
        assistance. I'd be happy to answer your (or anyone else's) questions
        if you'd like. Here's a link to the basic information:

        http://www.jewishdesmoines.org/section.html?id=1541

        Good luck! Mara Egherman