Re: [cowlesmontessori] Off Topic - Summer Daycare Needed

  • Patti and Joe
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27 5:39 PM
      Last year Kerry and Alice went to Camp Hantesa, through Camp Fire.  They absolutely loved it and will be going again.  We do the day camp.  We drop them off at the Camp Fire office on Hickman Road in the morning.  They're taken by bus to the camp, then brought back about 5:00 p.m.  Camp Fire also has day camps in the Des Moines area if you don't want to have them take the bus to Boone every day.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 28 6:18 AM
        Hi Shari,
        Our kids have both enjoyed the Hantesa day camps as well-counselors
        always seemed very nice and drop off and pick up are right on
        Hickman. Contact info--
        Camp Fire USA Heart of the Hawkeye Council
        5615 HICKMAN ROAD
        DES MOINES, IA 50310
        Phone: 515/274-1501
        Fax:515/274-1502

        Web site: www.campfireusaia.com

        E-Mail: campfire@...

        Good Luck
        Sandee

        --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "grateful_mom"
        <sharihrdina@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know of a good summer daycare for this summer? Does
        > anyone know good resources to use to find a summer daycare? It
        would
        > be for a eleven and nine year old.
        >
        > Claire and Noel have been going to Metro Kids summer program the
        last
        > few years. This year Metro Kids is enforcing their rule that you
        > cannot use the Summer Program unless you go to the Before/After Care
        > Program. Since Claire and Noel do not need to go to Before/After
        > Care, they are no longer eligible.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Shari Hrdina
        > sharihrdina@...
        > 279-4644

      • elvismara
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28 8:35 AM
          Well I composed a message and while looking up a website it
          disappeared...please forgive if this appears twice.

          Shari,

          This is a good question, and I'm sure other parents are also interested
          in summer options. Several Cowles kids attend Camp Shalom in the
          summer, including Cora and Zeke. It is a Jewish day camp, so there are
          some Jewish rituals and discussions of Israel, but it is open to
          everyone. It is held in Waukee at Caspe Terrace. A bus starts at
          Tifereth Israel Synagogue on Polk Blvd, with a stop at Valley West Mall
          where they pick up additional campers en route to camp. I don't know
          how cost compares to other programs, but they do have some financial
          assistance. I'd be happy to answer your (or anyone else's) questions
          if you'd like. Here's a link to the basic information:

          http://www.jewishdesmoines.org/section.html?id=1541

          Good luck! Mara Egherman