Off Topic - Summer Daycare Needed

  • grateful_mom
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008
      Does anyone know of a good summer daycare for this summer? Does
      anyone know good resources to use to find a summer daycare? It would
      be for a eleven and nine year old.

      Claire and Noel have been going to Metro Kids summer program the last
      few years. This year Metro Kids is enforcing their rule that you
      cannot use the Summer Program unless you go to the Before/After Care
      Program. Since Claire and Noel do not need to go to Before/After
      Care, they are no longer eligible.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Shari Hrdina
      sharihrdina@...
      279-4644
    • Kristy Morse
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008
      • Patti and Joe
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2008
          Last year Kerry and Alice went to Camp Hantesa, through Camp Fire.  They absolutely loved it and will be going again.  We do the day camp.  We drop them off at the Camp Fire office on Hickman Road in the morning.  They're taken by bus to the camp, then brought back about 5:00 p.m.  Camp Fire also has day camps in the Des Moines area if you don't want to have them take the bus to Boone every day.

          1st Assembly of God on Merle Hay Road has a wonderful daycare program and in all the years that we have used their program, I've found the prices to be lower than "traditional" daycare centers in the area.

          Contact Teri, Rachel or Jenny at 279-2938.  All 3 of my boys have or do go to daycare there.  Granted we have not had them there past kdg, but all of the teachers, assistants and staff are EXCELLENT and there are always a lot of kids in the program every year and they seem to keep them very busy.  Hope that helps!

          Kristy Morse

          Does anyone know of a good summer daycare for this summer? Does
          anyone know good resources to use to find a summer daycare? It would
          be for a eleven and nine year old.

          Claire and Noel have been going to Metro Kids summer program the last
          few years. This year Metro Kids is enforcing their rule that you
          cannot use the Summer Program unless you go to the Before/After Care
          Program. Since Claire and Noel do not need to go to Before/After
          Care, they are no longer eligible.

          Any help would be appreciated.

          Shari Hrdina
          sharihrdina@ gmail.com
          279-4644

        • sandee_lyons
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 28, 2008
            Hi Shari,
            Our kids have both enjoyed the Hantesa day camps as well-counselors
            always seemed very nice and drop off and pick up are right on
            Hickman. Contact info--
            Camp Fire USA Heart of the Hawkeye Council
            5615 HICKMAN ROAD
            DES MOINES, IA 50310
            Phone: 515/274-1501
            Fax:515/274-1502

            Web site: www.campfireusaia.com

            E-Mail: campfire@...

            Good Luck
            Sandee

            --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "grateful_mom"
            <sharihrdina@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone know of a good summer daycare for this summer? Does
            > anyone know good resources to use to find a summer daycare? It
            would
            > be for a eleven and nine year old.
            >
            > Claire and Noel have been going to Metro Kids summer program the
            last
            > few years. This year Metro Kids is enforcing their rule that you
            > cannot use the Summer Program unless you go to the Before/After Care
            > Program. Since Claire and Noel do not need to go to Before/After
            > Care, they are no longer eligible.
            >
            > Any help would be appreciated.
            >
            > Shari Hrdina
            > sharihrdina@...
            > 279-4644

          • elvismara
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2008
              Well I composed a message and while looking up a website it
              disappeared...please forgive if this appears twice.

              Shari,

              This is a good question, and I'm sure other parents are also interested
              in summer options. Several Cowles kids attend Camp Shalom in the
              summer, including Cora and Zeke. It is a Jewish day camp, so there are
              some Jewish rituals and discussions of Israel, but it is open to
              everyone. It is held in Waukee at Caspe Terrace. A bus starts at
              Tifereth Israel Synagogue on Polk Blvd, with a stop at Valley West Mall
              where they pick up additional campers en route to camp. I don't know
              how cost compares to other programs, but they do have some financial
              assistance. I'd be happy to answer your (or anyone else's) questions
              if you'd like. Here's a link to the basic information:

              http://www.jewishdesmoines.org/section.html?id=1541

              Good luck! Mara Egherman