270Re: [cowlesmontessori] open enrollment issue

  • sukaropop@aol.com
    Aug 2, 2011
      Hey Amanda- I have a friend for whom it was actually the opposite where WDM was very late in notifying them that they gotten in their neighborhood school (after they had already enrolled in cowles etc) so clearly they should have an understanding that the final acceptance process often occurs after district cutoff dates- they are guilty of the same thing. I would keep pushing- they'll back down.

      From: "akruse4" <akruse111@...>
      Sender: cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 17:11:18 -0000
      To: <cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [cowlesmontessori] open enrollment issue

      Hello! It was suggested by another Cowles parent that I post our situation to this list to see if anyone else has had a similar experience and how they may have dealt with it.

      My son is in 6th grade at Cowles and loves it. My daughter is in 3rd grade and had been on the waiting list at Cowles until June when the new classroom was approved. She was accepted to Cowles then, so I submitted her open enrollment app. to the WDM school district. They have denied her application because it was past the March 1 deadline. I have requested that they reverse that decision, but my contact in WDM is very doubtful it will be reversed. I've taken the approach that Montessori is not available in our district, but they are stuck on that missed deadline. DMPS cannot do anything.

      Any suggestions or similar situations would be greatly appreciated!!!

      Thank you so much,
      Amanda Kruse

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic