268Re: open enrollment issue

  • rileysmom515
    Aug 2, 2011
      I would try to appeal to a School Board Member?

      http://www.wdmcs.org/district/schoolboard/members.php

      this is a link to the list of WDM School Board Members. I also thought that they were supposed to consider where a sibling went to school when making the decision.

      We open enrolled our son from WDM to Cowles without any problems, but we were within the deadline. I mean I can understand having a deadline, but if Cowles didn't have an opening until after that time, well you would think they could be flexible with that!

      You need to go to someone higher up!

      Good Luck,
      Barb Niccum

      --- In cowlesmontessori@yahoogroups.com, "akruse4" <akruse111@...> wrote:

      > Hello! It was suggested by another Cowles parent that I post our situation to this list to see if anyone else has had a similar experience and how they may have dealt with it.
      >
      > My son is in 6th grade at Cowles and loves it. My daughter is in 3rd grade and had been on the waiting list at Cowles until June when the new classroom was approved. She was accepted to Cowles then, so I submitted her open enrollment app. to the WDM school district. They have denied her application because it was past the March 1 deadline. I have requested that they reverse that decision, but my contact in WDM is very doubtful it will be reversed. I've taken the approach that Montessori is not available in our district, but they are stuck on that missed deadline. DMPS cannot do anything.
      >
      > Any suggestions or similar situations would be greatly appreciated!!!
      >
      > Thank you so much,
      > Amanda Kruse

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic