Jerry et al..

  • Deejay
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2004
      I was just wondering,  out of curiosity,  more than anything,  as it seemed to ding my gong,  of someone saying that here before,  but do the covies,  church, think only the KJV is a proper version of Scripture to be read?

      I don't,  I have to say from the outset.   But just wondered if the memebers here did,  and what the reasons behind it were if so.

      (if this is a faulty memeory then sorry and just ignore)

      ~Deejay

      Delivery confirmed by confimax.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2004
        Covenanters believe in using the best available translation, from the
        best available text, that has been approved for use in our Churches --
        and yes, that ends up being the KJV. Do not mistake this, however,
        with the KJV-only folks who insist that the KJV is the only Word of God.

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deejay"
        <CrazyCalvinist@f...> wrote:
        > I was just wondering, out of curiosity, more than anything, as it
        seemed
        > to ding my gong, of someone saying that here before, but do the
        covies,
        > church, think only the KJV is a proper version of Scripture to be read?
        >
        > I don't, I have to say from the outset. But just wondered if the
        memebers
        > here did, and what the reasons behind it were if so.
        >
        > (if this is a faulty memeory then sorry and just ignore)
        >
        > ~Deejay
        > --
      • Vincent R. Skolny
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2004
          I once read a book by a baptist-- don't remember his name, but the
          book was titled "Dear Preacher, Please Quit." Within the book were
          the customary, fundamentalist baptist notion that "the KJV is
          inspired", even to the point that "charity" in 1 Cor. 13 is the
          inspired translation of agape, "love" being unacceptable. But, the
          word wine? Well, that is obviously unfermented juices.

          I laughed while reading and still do when I think about it.

          <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

          > Covenanters believe in using the best available translation, from
          the
          > best available text, that has been approved for use in our
          Churches --
          > and yes, that ends up being the KJV. Do not mistake this, however,
          > with the KJV-only folks who insist that the KJV is the only Word of
          God.

          > gmw.
          >
          > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Deejay"
          > <CrazyCalvinist@f...> wrote:
          > > I was just wondering, out of curiosity, more than anything, as
          it
          > seemed
          > > to ding my gong, of someone saying that here before, but do the
          > covies,
          > > church, think only the KJV is a proper version of Scripture to be
          read?

          > > I don't, I have to say from the outset. But just wondered if
          the
          > memebers
          > > here did, and what the reasons behind it were if so.
          > >
          > > (if this is a faulty memeory then sorry and just ignore)
          > >
          > > ~Deejay
          > > --
          15/04/2004