A new article has been added to the ReformationOnline website

  • Larry Vest
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2004

      A new article titled My Appearance on the Peter Jennings' Special The Bible of Jesus, not Just the Jesus of the Bible by P. Andrew Sandlin has been added to the ReformationOnline website at http://www.reformationonline.com/jennings.htm

      ...Jennings and Borg will never get Jesus right as long as they get the Bible wrong.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Larry Vest
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2004
        A new article titled Son of God, Son of Mary by Peter J. Wallace has been added to the ReformationOnline website at http://www.reformationonline.com/SonofGod.htm

        ....Jesus did not have a split personality. He did not have two centers of activity that were trying to do two different things. His two natures operated in perfect harmony, because he was one person. When Jesus said, "Not my will, but thine be done," it was not as though his humanity was operating while his divinity was out to lunch. It was the whole Christ who spoke, in the anguish and suffering that was possible for him because of the properties of his human nature.

        When he said, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46), it was the whole Christ who spoke. We must be careful here, because we are speaking of things we cannot understand very well, but Scripture requires us to say that the eternal bond of love and harmony between the Father and the Son was not functioning at that moment. According to the properties of his divine nature, Jesus was still upholding the universe as the eternal Word of God, but according to the properties of his human nature, he, as a whole person, was alienated from the Father. Perhaps that is why the "sun's light failed" (Luke 23:45) and "the earth shook, and the rocks were split" (Matt. 27:51). The integrity of heaven and earth was shaken as the eternal Son of God endured the wrath of his Father.

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Larry Vest
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 12, 2004
          A new article titled A Letter to a Friend - by Nat
          Carswell has been added to the ReformationOnline
          website at http://www.reformationonline.com/friend.htm

          I feel like a man stuck in quick sand. No matter that
          I want very much to extricate myself, I am being drawn
          ever deeper into a place where I will no longer be
          able to breathe and I will, after much agony finally
          expire (oh the darkness, the darkness)! You are making
          this entirely too complex (which is what most
          statists-even, or especially, the well meaning
          Christian variety) do.

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Larry Vest
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
            A new article titled Who Sent the Earthquake and the
            Tsunami? - by Nollie Malabuyo has been added to the
            ReformationOnline
            website at
            http://www.reformationonline.org/tsunami.htm

            Since the first man Adam sinned in the Garden of
            Eden, mankind has sought to answer some of life's most
            difficult questions: Why do disasters happen? If God
            is a good God, why is there suffering in this world?
            Why me? These age-old questions come to the forefront
            again after the South Asia earthquake-tsunami
            disaster. Christians of course answer with an
            affirmation of God's sovereignty. But some of us ask,
            Is God sovereign only over good, and not over evil?
            Others, like Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury,
            suggests that we should not seek for answers, but only
            to be involved in a "passionate engagement with the
            lives that are left" and to seek "ways of changing the
            situation."2 But what does the Bible say?

            The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
            http://my.yahoo.com
          • Larry Vest
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
              A new article titled AN OPEN LETTER to Those Leaving
              Covenant Commitments by Edward Allen Thomas has been
              added to the ReformationOnline website at
              http://www.reformationonline.org/leaving.htm

              A common illusion in our society is that breaking
              commitments is not a problem, as long as some other
              party has done something which has hurt our feelings,
              and thereby relieved us of obligation...

              Yahoo! Sports
              http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
            • Fred blahous
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                I wonder if the writer of that article has any familiarity with the
                British Covenants. It seems that all of our covenant breaking ways
                as a British people (Aussie, Canuck, Yankee, etc), has extended to
                other covenants as well. William III set a very bad precedent.

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Vest