Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: A Scottish-Presbyterian review of "The Passion" film

  • J. Parnell McCarter
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      >> There are those who would argue that it is de facto blasphemous for
      > anyone to
      portray the Son of God.

      >Yes, like those who framed and those who hold
      to the Westminster Standards.

      The quote Colin posted speaks volumes about the level of integrity of the Free Church of Scotland.  But then again, those were the ones who stayed in the Free Church even after the Declaratory Act made it meaningless, whereas the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland rightly seceded.

      - J. Parnell McCarter

    • Dan Fraas
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004
        Hey Mr. McCarter,

        Do you know or can you tell me whether the Free Pres CoS allows women
        to vote in congregational meetings?

        Riley
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "J. Parnell
        McCarter" <jparnellm@u...> wrote:
        > >> There are those who would argue that it is de facto blasphemous
        for
        > > anyone to portray the Son of God.
        >
        > >Yes, like those who framed and those who hold to the Westminster
        Standards.

        > The quote Colin posted speaks volumes about the level of integrity
        of the Free Church of Scotland. But then again, those were the ones
        who stayed in the Free Church even after the Declaratory Act made it
        meaningless, whereas the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland rightly
        seceded.

        > - J. Parnell McCarter
        > www.puritans.net
      • J. Parnell McCarter
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
          >Do you know or can you tell me whether the Free Pres CoS allows women
          to vote in congregational meetings?

          All communicant members are consulted for purposes of approving an ordained elder.

          - Parnell McCarter