Re: Martin's post

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2004
      <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
      > What I will post is the link to one of the posts you didn't answer
      > that I think needs to be addressed if you will insist on carrying
      > this conversation on:

      Gerry, when a man resorts to an opponent's spelling error as an
      argument, particularly an ad hominem argument, like Martin did in the
      above link, then he isn't worth taking seriously. This is why it
      wasn't initially answered.

      But for your sake, I will reply to his post later tonight.

      Colin
    • Thomas Britton
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 21, 2004
        A Bible critique and alternative view of Mel Gibson's "The
        Passion of
        the Christ"

        "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and
        indeed
        bear with me. For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I
        have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste
        virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent
        beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted
        from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh
        preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive
        another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which
        ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." 2 Cor. 11:1-4

        Introduction

        The following critique is made with deep Christian affection for all
        who fear God, trust the Bible completely, and love the Lord Jesus
        Christ. The Bible is our only source of objective truth, regardless
        of any or all opinions of men. We trust our hearts are sincere in
        wanting the best for the kingdom of Jesus Christ in the earth.
        Because we perceive this movie to be a real danger to Bible
        Christianity, we write to fulfill our Bible duty of earnestly
        contending for the apostolic faith (Jude 1:3). Most Christians are
        turning to fables from what truth they had, just as prophesied by
        Paul (II Tim 4:3-4).

        We stand ready and willing to serve any who want to follow the Lord
        Jesus Christ more perfectly. Please consider reading II Timothy 3:1 -
        4:4 as a signal warning describing the carnal Christianity of our
        day. If you think us harsh, remember the examples of God's
        prophets
        and apostles, and consider the seriousness of pleasing the risen Lord
        Jesus Christ, who will soon examine and judge every detail of our
        lives (Eccl 12:13-14; II Cor 5:10-11; II Tim 4:1). Just one second in
        His terrible presence, and you will wish we had been harder in
        provoking you to question this movie and your religion (Rev 20:11-15).

        The Lord Jesus Christ demands perfect worship in truth (John 4:21-24;
        Gal 1:6-9; I Tim 6:3-5; Heb 12:28-29; Rev 2:15). He does not allow
        for inventions or modifications to make it more acceptable for
        pagans. If you do not believe this, then you may want to save
        yourself some time and skip this critique.

        [The rest of the article is at:]

        http://www.letgodbetrue.com/TodaysWorld/passion.htm