A pic of milk shooting from a woman's teets in a book by William Perkins

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2004
      I'll refrain from posting it, or any other publisher's questionable
      depictions on an author's work. What I will post is the link to one
      of the posts you didn't answer that I think needs to be addressed if
      you will insist on carrying this conversation on
      :

    • Colin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2004
        <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
        > What I will post is the link to one of the posts you didn't answer
        > that I think needs to be addressed if you will insist on carrying
        > this conversation on:

        Gerry, when a man resorts to an opponent's spelling error as an
        argument, particularly an ad hominem argument, like Martin did in the
        above link, then he isn't worth taking seriously. This is why it
        wasn't initially answered.

        But for your sake, I will reply to his post later tonight.

        Colin
      • Thomas Britton
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 21, 2004
          A Bible critique and alternative view of Mel Gibson's "The
          Passion of
          the Christ"

          "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and
          indeed
          bear with me. For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I
          have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste
          virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent
          beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted
          from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh
          preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive
          another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which
          ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." 2 Cor. 11:1-4

          Introduction

          The following critique is made with deep Christian affection for all
          who fear God, trust the Bible completely, and love the Lord Jesus
          Christ. The Bible is our only source of objective truth, regardless
          of any or all opinions of men. We trust our hearts are sincere in
          wanting the best for the kingdom of Jesus Christ in the earth.
          Because we perceive this movie to be a real danger to Bible
          Christianity, we write to fulfill our Bible duty of earnestly
          contending for the apostolic faith (Jude 1:3). Most Christians are
          turning to fables from what truth they had, just as prophesied by
          Paul (II Tim 4:3-4).

          We stand ready and willing to serve any who want to follow the Lord
          Jesus Christ more perfectly. Please consider reading II Timothy 3:1 -
          4:4 as a signal warning describing the carnal Christianity of our
          day. If you think us harsh, remember the examples of God's
          prophets
          and apostles, and consider the seriousness of pleasing the risen Lord
          Jesus Christ, who will soon examine and judge every detail of our
          lives (Eccl 12:13-14; II Cor 5:10-11; II Tim 4:1). Just one second in
          His terrible presence, and you will wish we had been harder in
          provoking you to question this movie and your religion (Rev 20:11-15).

          The Lord Jesus Christ demands perfect worship in truth (John 4:21-24;
          Gal 1:6-9; I Tim 6:3-5; Heb 12:28-29; Rev 2:15). He does not allow
          for inventions or modifications to make it more acceptable for
          pagans. If you do not believe this, then you may want to save
          yourself some time and skip this critique.

          [The rest of the article is at:]

          http://www.letgodbetrue.com/TodaysWorld/passion.htm