A Picture of Christ on a Book of Calvin's Sermons

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2004
      From the original English edition of Calvin's Sermons on Deuteronomy:

      http://home.apu.edu/~jstoker/deuteronomie/Title.htm

      The Original English Preface:

      http://home.apu.edu/~jstoker/deuteronomie/Preface2.htm

      First Sermon:

      http://home.apu.edu/~jstoker/deuteronomie/Serm001.htm

      For Sermons 2 through 10 (all of which are on the 1st chapter of
      Deuteronomy) just change the number "001" to 002, etc)

      For an updated and easier to read version of some of Calvin's Sermons
      on Deuteronomy, see:

      http://freebooks.commentary.net/freebooks/docs/_newscs.htm

      Colin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2004
        I'll refrain from posting it, or any other publisher's questionable
        depictions on an author's work. What I will post is the link to one
        of the posts you didn't answer that I think needs to be addressed if
        you will insist on carrying this conversation on
        :

      • Colin
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 19, 2004
          <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
          > What I will post is the link to one of the posts you didn't answer
          > that I think needs to be addressed if you will insist on carrying
          > this conversation on:

          Gerry, when a man resorts to an opponent's spelling error as an
          argument, particularly an ad hominem argument, like Martin did in the
          above link, then he isn't worth taking seriously. This is why it
          wasn't initially answered.

          But for your sake, I will reply to his post later tonight.

          Colin
        • Thomas Britton
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 21, 2004
            A Bible critique and alternative view of Mel Gibson's "The
            Passion of
            the Christ"

            "Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and
            indeed
            bear with me. For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I
            have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste
            virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent
            beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted
            from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh
            preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive
            another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which
            ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." 2 Cor. 11:1-4

            Introduction

            The following critique is made with deep Christian affection for all
            who fear God, trust the Bible completely, and love the Lord Jesus
            Christ. The Bible is our only source of objective truth, regardless
            of any or all opinions of men. We trust our hearts are sincere in
            wanting the best for the kingdom of Jesus Christ in the earth.
            Because we perceive this movie to be a real danger to Bible
            Christianity, we write to fulfill our Bible duty of earnestly
            contending for the apostolic faith (Jude 1:3). Most Christians are
            turning to fables from what truth they had, just as prophesied by
            Paul (II Tim 4:3-4).

            We stand ready and willing to serve any who want to follow the Lord
            Jesus Christ more perfectly. Please consider reading II Timothy 3:1 -
            4:4 as a signal warning describing the carnal Christianity of our
            day. If you think us harsh, remember the examples of God's
            prophets
            and apostles, and consider the seriousness of pleasing the risen Lord
            Jesus Christ, who will soon examine and judge every detail of our
            lives (Eccl 12:13-14; II Cor 5:10-11; II Tim 4:1). Just one second in
            His terrible presence, and you will wish we had been harder in
            provoking you to question this movie and your religion (Rev 20:11-15).

            The Lord Jesus Christ demands perfect worship in truth (John 4:21-24;
            Gal 1:6-9; I Tim 6:3-5; Heb 12:28-29; Rev 2:15). He does not allow
            for inventions or modifications to make it more acceptable for
            pagans. If you do not believe this, then you may want to save
            yourself some time and skip this critique.

            [The rest of the article is at:]

            http://www.letgodbetrue.com/TodaysWorld/passion.htm