Re: my bio, my thanx, my question

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2004
      Arline,

      Hi! I have a similiar background as you do. I rebelled against
      the Popery of my Dad and the 7th Day Adventism of my Mom and delved
      into Satanism. I listened to Death Metal: Slayer,Venom,Merciful Fate,
      King Dimond, Death, Dark Angel, Deicide, etc. Played with spells as
      well. I grew up in San Francisco, CA and therefore knew about Anton
      LaVey, even read his "Satanic Bible", yeah talk about blasphemous
      junk! Also got into some of the Temple Of Set, Anton's rival Satanic
      coven...

      Anyways, by God's grace here I am, a Covenanter and member of the
      RPNA. I too have dealt with Mormons and JWs, I tend to actually look
      for them to evangelize them and hold them up so that they don't
      spread their junk.

      What GMW suggested is what I have found to be effective and in
      accord with Scripture. Talk about the Gospel. Only by them being
      spiritually alive will they be able to discern the spiritual and
      hence understand about the deity of Christ. The Gospel is the power
      of God unto salvation. Challenge them with grace against their works
      and stick to passages such as Romans 4, Ephsians 2 and etc. These
      passages are very simple to demonstrate that salvation is only by
      grace.

      Arlene, continue to fight the good fight!!!

      yours in Christ,

      Edgar Ibarra
      www.albanycrpc.org

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "arline"