Re: my bio, my thanx, my question

  • Dan Fraas
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2004
      "James White is also a reformed baptist, which means at the very least
      that he's calvinistic. And he's also had a number of refereed public
      debates with mormon apologists."

      My church hosts these debates. You may listen to some of Dr. White's
      past debates online on our website:

      http://www.christpres.net/debateaudio.htm

      Next month we're inviting Dr. White to do one debate on Mormon
      Temples and one on same-sex marriages at the Uni of Utah.

      For Christ's Crown and Covenant!

      Riley

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, thebishopsdoom

    • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2004
        Arline,

        Hi! I have a similiar background as you do. I rebelled against
        the Popery of my Dad and the 7th Day Adventism of my Mom and delved
        into Satanism. I listened to Death Metal: Slayer,Venom,Merciful Fate,
        King Dimond, Death, Dark Angel, Deicide, etc. Played with spells as
        well. I grew up in San Francisco, CA and therefore knew about Anton
        LaVey, even read his "Satanic Bible", yeah talk about blasphemous
        junk! Also got into some of the Temple Of Set, Anton's rival Satanic
        coven...

        Anyways, by God's grace here I am, a Covenanter and member of the
        RPNA. I too have dealt with Mormons and JWs, I tend to actually look
        for them to evangelize them and hold them up so that they don't
        spread their junk.

        What GMW suggested is what I have found to be effective and in
        accord with Scripture. Talk about the Gospel. Only by them being
        spiritually alive will they be able to discern the spiritual and
        hence understand about the deity of Christ. The Gospel is the power
        of God unto salvation. Challenge them with grace against their works
        and stick to passages such as Romans 4, Ephsians 2 and etc. These
        passages are very simple to demonstrate that salvation is only by
        grace.

        Arlene, continue to fight the good fight!!!

        yours in Christ,

        Edgar Ibarra
        www.albanycrpc.org