A new article has been added to the ReformationOnline website

  • Larry Vest
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 21, 2004

      By Christ all things spiritual, philosophical, and political consist; there simply is no neutral turf over which His reign does not extend. Christians should do political theory, not because political theory is great in itself, but because Christ is Lord.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Larry Vest
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2004

        ...all the opponents of Justice Moore (including some Christians) claim that his refusal to obey a federal court order to remove the monument is a violation of the Rule of Law principle. So the real (and most important issue) seems to be whether the "Rule of Law" has been violated. To answer this, more basic questions must be posed. Is a federal court order equivalent to the Rule of Law (automatically, in all cases)? Or to ask it another way, is it always wrong to disobey a federal court order?

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Larry Vest
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2004

          A new article titled My Appearance on the Peter Jennings' Special The Bible of Jesus, not Just the Jesus of the Bible by P. Andrew Sandlin has been added to the ReformationOnline website at http://www.reformationonline.com/jennings.htm

          ...Jennings and Borg will never get Jesus right as long as they get the Bible wrong.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Larry Vest
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2004
            A new article titled Son of God, Son of Mary by Peter J. Wallace has been added to the ReformationOnline website at http://www.reformationonline.com/SonofGod.htm

            ....Jesus did not have a split personality. He did not have two centers of activity that were trying to do two different things. His two natures operated in perfect harmony, because he was one person. When Jesus said, "Not my will, but thine be done," it was not as though his humanity was operating while his divinity was out to lunch. It was the whole Christ who spoke, in the anguish and suffering that was possible for him because of the properties of his human nature.

            When he said, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46), it was the whole Christ who spoke. We must be careful here, because we are speaking of things we cannot understand very well, but Scripture requires us to say that the eternal bond of love and harmony between the Father and the Son was not functioning at that moment. According to the properties of his divine nature, Jesus was still upholding the universe as the eternal Word of God, but according to the properties of his human nature, he, as a whole person, was alienated from the Father. Perhaps that is why the "sun's light failed" (Luke 23:45) and "the earth shook, and the rocks were split" (Matt. 27:51). The integrity of heaven and earth was shaken as the eternal Son of God endured the wrath of his Father.

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Larry Vest
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 12, 2004
              A new article titled A Letter to a Friend - by Nat
              Carswell has been added to the ReformationOnline
              website at http://www.reformationonline.com/friend.htm

              I feel like a man stuck in quick sand. No matter that
              I want very much to extricate myself, I am being drawn
              ever deeper into a place where I will no longer be
              able to breathe and I will, after much agony finally
              expire (oh the darkness, the darkness)! You are making
              this entirely too complex (which is what most
              statists-even, or especially, the well meaning
              Christian variety) do.

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Larry Vest
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2005
                A new article titled Who Sent the Earthquake and the
                Tsunami? - by Nollie Malabuyo has been added to the
                ReformationOnline
                website at
                http://www.reformationonline.org/tsunami.htm

                Since the first man Adam sinned in the Garden of
                Eden, mankind has sought to answer some of life's most
                difficult questions: Why do disasters happen? If God
                is a good God, why is there suffering in this world?
                Why me? These age-old questions come to the forefront
                again after the South Asia earthquake-tsunami
                disaster. Christians of course answer with an
                affirmation of God's sovereignty. But some of us ask,
                Is God sovereign only over good, and not over evil?
                Others, like Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury,
                suggests that we should not seek for answers, but only
                to be involved in a "passionate engagement with the
                lives that are left" and to seek "ways of changing the
                situation."2 But what does the Bible say?

                The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                http://my.yahoo.com
              • Larry Vest
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                  A new article titled AN OPEN LETTER to Those Leaving
                  Covenant Commitments by Edward Allen Thomas has been
                  added to the ReformationOnline website at
                  http://www.reformationonline.org/leaving.htm

                  A common illusion in our society is that breaking
                  commitments is not a problem, as long as some other
                  party has done something which has hurt our feelings,
                  and thereby relieved us of obligation...

                  Yahoo! Sports
                  http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
                • Fred blahous
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
                    I wonder if the writer of that article has any familiarity with the
                    British Covenants. It seems that all of our covenant breaking ways
                    as a British people (Aussie, Canuck, Yankee, etc), has extended to
                    other covenants as well. William III set a very bad precedent.

                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Larry Vest