A Question

  • persevering4christ
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2004
      Can the 'Reformed Confessions of Faith' be properly defended by the
      NIV or other revised versions of scripture? If no why not? Just
      curious.
      I found this question at Sermon audio and wanted to know what others
      here though. Thanks.

      Grace
      &
      Peace

      tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2004
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "persevering4christ"
        <persevering4christ@y...> wrote:
        > Can the 'Reformed Confessions of Faith' be properly defended by the
        > NIV or other revised versions of scripture? If no why not? Just
        > curious.
        > I found this question at Sermon audio and wanted to know what others
        > here though. Thanks.

        Hi Tom,

        I've found that for the most part they are defended by the NIV.
        However, I do recall one problem during a study of the Confession that
        one of the proof text that was supposed to say "many are called but
        few are chosen" was absent from the NIV in that particular place,
        although the parallel passage is in the NIV.

        gmw.
      • Tim Cunningham
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2007
          Does anybody know Stan B.'s email? Please send it to me at
          timmopussycat@... if you do.

          Thanks
          Tim